Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If F.N.died before A.E...  (Read 14173 times)

If F.N.died before A.E...
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »

Many people here believe Fred Noonan died from his head injuries when A.E. was still alive. Would she have buried him? If so, the grave must be near the place the plane was, because we can assume F.N. could'nt walk without problems. (And A.E.didn't carry him) The grave would be near the first camp, the very place NIKU VIII will dig.
Oskar, #4421A

Tim Gard

• T3
Re: If F.N.died before A.E...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:23 AM »

One of the anecdotes purported there to have been 2 skulls found at the 7 site.

Might that mean that neither was in a position to bury the other and that they expired together perhaps by some form of poisoning?

Amelia having been found with a bottle containing some water suggests dehydration wasn't the main concern. As another member stated, with crabs everywhere that run right up to people, how could you starve?

Even with an acute crab phobia, one still has to defend oneself from them. Were the multiple fires part of that protection? How big a role did the sun's position play in the location of each fire if the sextant eyepiece was the source of ignition?

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:40:31 AM by Tim Gard »

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:40:51 AM »

Many people here believe Fred Noonan died from his head injuries when A.E. was still alive. Would she have buried him? If so, the grave must be near the place the plane was, because we can assume F.N. could'nt walk without problems. (And A.E.didn't carry him) The grave would be near the first camp, the very place NIKU VIII will dig.
Oskar, #4421A

From what I've read of the various expedition reports, digging into the coral rubble with tool isn't easy.  Digging without tools would be much harder and possibly fatal if a cut or scrape got infected.  I think it more likely she left him where he lay, perhaps trying to cover him with some larger pieces of rubble.  Further, since the sextant itself wasn't found by the colonists or Gallagher or the Coast Guard or any of the expeditions at the Seven Site, its possible AE left the body of the sextant and/or any other non-useful items with FN.  Find the sextant at Camp Zero and you'll likely find Fred.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:13:21 AM »

I have no recollection of that.

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »

That's my interpretation of the Floyd Kilts Story

"“The island doctor said the skeleton was that of a woman. And there were no native women on the island then. Farther down the beach he found a man’s skull, but nothing else."

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:39:28 AM by Tim Gard »

Brano Lacika

• T1
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »

"“The island doctor said the skeleton was that of a woman. And there were no native women on the island then. Farther down the beach he found a man’s skull, but nothing else."

I think we should distinguish here between official report of G. Gallagher and the anecdotal story of Floyd Kilts. These two sources simply do not have the same weight.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:29:58 AM by Jeffrey Neville »

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »

I think we should distinguish here between official report of G. Gallagher and the anecdotal story of Floyd Kilts. These two sources simply do not have the same weight.

If the "he" in the quote refers to G. Gallagher himself, does that discredit the credited?

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:53:02 AM by Tim Gard »

Brano Lacika

• T1
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »

If the "he" in the quote refers to G. Gallagher himself, does that discredit the credited?
I´m not sure if I undestood you right, but why would Gallagher then did not mention this second skull in his report?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:39:04 PM by Jeffrey Neville »

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »

Oskar :There is some indication that bones have already been found in the general vicinity of Camp Zero, see this page

http://tighar.org/wiki/Who_Died_on_Niku%3F#The_Kilts_Account:_Discussion_and_Speculation

Of course that location also overlaps with the area where the survivors of the Norwich City wreck came ashore and buried some of their shipmates.  Any bones found there would probably need DNA analysis to prove they came from FN and not an unfortunate member of the NC's crew.

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:34 AM »

Tim, remember that Floyd heard about the events second hand, 7 or 8 years after they occurred and the version we have is what he told a reporter another 15 years after that.  Gallagher wrote report directly after participating in the events. Even so Kilts is not entirely inaccurate, the skull was found by colonists ( I think on the beach but I could not find a link that actually stated that) and buried, when Gallagher heard about it they went back and searched the general area and found a woman's skeleton (lacking a skull), Kilts does say a skeleton and a skull not two skulls.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:34:03 AM by Matt Revington »

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »

Tim, remember that Floyd heard about the events second hand, 7 or 8 years after they occurred and the version we have is what he told a reporter another 15 years after that. 

Agreed, but it's remarkable in the info that has been subsequently substantiated.
/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

I´m not sure if I undestood you right, but why would Gallagher then did not mention this second skull in his report?

Gardiner Island was a political hot potato between the US and the UK.

It may have been easier to dispel one female skeleton than to dispel the skeletal remains of both a man and a woman known to be missing in the area.

Gallagher's message did not disprove Kilts, it only differed. Differing is a commonly occurring theme in the proof of the hypothesis.

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:01:13 AM by Tim Gard »

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »

Kilts does say a skeleton and a skull not two skulls.

Kilts says a *man's* skull.
/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »

Oskar :There is some indication that bones have already been found in the general vicinity of Camp Zero, see this page

http://tighar.org/wiki/Who_Died_on_Niku%3F#The_Kilts_Account:_Discussion_and_Speculation

Of course that location also overlaps with the area where the survivors of the Norwich City wreck came ashore and buried some of their shipmates.  Any bones found there would probably need DNA analysis to prove they came from FN and not an unfortunate member of the NC's crew.

Not certain, but I believe I recall that getting DNA to support an ID on anything of Fred's skeletal remains may be problematic: no children and seems like perhaps no relatives about.  I guess his parents might be dug up, if anyone knows where they are...  :P
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org