Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1937 Flight: Psychological perspectives  (Read 36802 times)

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
Re: 1937 Flight: Psychological perspectives
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 08:30:44 AM »

...Oh to have been a fly on the wall in Betty's (or Randolph's or Mabel's or the other few) homes when those messages came through from so far away!  To observe Amelia's psychological perspective change as the entire chain of events played out would be a fascinating study all by itself.

Almost too fascinating, perhaps.  Think of the helplessness of observing someone who may have been struggling even as they realized life might have been slipping away.  Not as immediately grim, no doubt, but think of being inside the head of someone who has fallen from the top of a building as they ponder their last nanoseconds before coming to an abrupt end at the ground below - not for the weak of heart, even to contemplate.

It is interesting to consider the psychological aspects of this loss - but I am once more reminded that we are looking into the fate of two human beings who came to some as-yet unknown ending circumstance.  I guess there will always be a sad layer in this effort.  RIP, AE and FN.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »

I guess there will always be a sad layer in this effort.  RIP, AE and FN.

Indeed, Jeff. And, there is no harder taskmaster than one's self. Regardless of their eventual fate, Amelia was also burdened with the certain knowledge that she had failed in her quest. Better to be a dead mystery than a living failure? Who can say? But I'd be willing to bet hard money she was certainly thinking about that.

LTM, who tries not to think about his thoughts too much,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Paul March

• T1
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

It is interesting to consider the psychological aspects of this loss - but I am once more reminded that we are looking into the fate of two human beings who came to some as-yet unknown ending circumstance.  I guess there will always be a sad layer in this effort.  RIP, AE and FN.

Precisely why this story deserves an ending.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org