Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Malaysian Flight 370  (Read 393211 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Malaysian Flight 370
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »

Fascinating development.  Of course, if the plane can be that far away from the presumed area it can also be in a hangar somewhere.

Albert Durrell

• T1
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »

Wonder what this technology would cost for their "remote sensing" of Nikumaroro.

http://www.georesonance.com/

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »

Wonder what this technology would cost for their "remote sensing" of Nikumaroro.

I can't imagine that it would have sufficient resolution to pick up wreckage that small.

Dale O. Beethe

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »

How deep is the water where this anomaly is?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »

How deep is the water where this anomaly is?

About 600 feet.

Dale O. Beethe

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »

That should make it a bit easier to investigate.  I realize that's still not exactly a farm pond, but at least it's not several miles deep, either.

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »

Very interesting data - that is a distinctive set of signatures of key elements that point to the picture they're sharing.

My, my - where might someone hide a 777 that's too hot to keep...
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Joy Diane Forster

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »

Anyone heard of GeoResonance before?   The pictures look almost too good to me -- like seeing man-made things in coral formations which aren't there.
TIGHAR Member #4239

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »

Anyone heard of GeoResonance before?   The pictures look almost too good to me -- like seeing man-made things in coral formations which aren't there.

it sounds like a publicity grab for the company in my inexpert opinion of course.

JNev

• T5
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »

Check them out - GeoResonance certainly has credibility.

As hard as it is to believe, this is rather impressive technology with the means to look far deeper and at far less detectable stuff than a 777 at the depth reported here.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:50:09 PM by Jeffrey Neville »

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »

The final resting place of Flight 370 will eventually be found, even if all but the Chinese eventually give up (they have a much bigger dog in this fight than any other nation).

As to the WHY  ... the human mind is a far darker and scarier place than many of us want to realize. Most of us are able to keep the demons and hobgoblins in check by wrapping a thin veneer of civility over it all. But it is a thin veneer. And once it is pierced ... all bets are off, and all manner of deviltry can be unleashed. Including things that in our wildest imaginings we would never believe possible.

LTM, who prefers to have a good flashlight in the dark places,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Mark Pearce

• T3
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »

As hard as it is to believe, this is rather impressive technology with the means to look far deeper and at far less detectable stuff than a 777 at the depth reported here.

Forgive me Jeff if I remain skeptical. 

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-exploration-company-georesonance-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370.3558/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator#Media_exposure_and_controversy

"A long-range locator is a class of fraudulent devices purported to be a type of metal detector, supposedly able to detect a variety of substances, including gold, drugs and explosives; most are said to operate on a principle of resonance with the material being detected.

Theory of operation

Many treasure hunters swear by the devices; however, skeptics have examined the internals of many such devices and found those that have been examined to be incapable of operating as advertised, and have dismissed them as overpriced dowsing rods or similarly useless devices. Virtually all such devices claim to operate on a resonant frequency principle where the device is said to emit an electromagnetic signal, either through an antenna or a probe, that will respond to a specific substance such as gold, silver, or sometimes even paper money, and that the device will indicate the presence of such material by indicating a change in direction relative to the operator.

This theory of operation is not supported by scientific theory....

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?68994-Anybody-know-anything-about-long-range-metal-detectors&s=19e3d93b74b1457799c856aea0127956

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »

don hirth

• T1
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2014, 05:44:06 PM »

Monty,
An excellent 'take' on humanity and the human mind! I've been around more than 80 yrs. and
it's frightening how twisted and/or evil, humans can be. Only divine intervention can save the day.
PEACE
dlh

JNev

• T5
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2014, 04:49:15 AM »

Forgive me Jeff if I remain skeptical.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-exploration-company-georesonance-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370.3558/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator#Media_exposure_and_controversy

"A long-range locator is a class of fraudulent devices purported to be a type of metal detector, supposedly able to detect a variety of substances, including gold, drugs and explosives; most are said to operate on a principle of resonance with the material being detected.

Theory of operation

Many treasure hunters swear by the devices; however, skeptics have examined the internals of many such devices and found those that have been examined to be incapable of operating as advertised, and have dismissed them as overpriced dowsing rods or similarly useless devices. Virtually all such devices claim to operate on a resonant frequency principle where the device is said to emit an electromagnetic signal, either through an antenna or a probe, that will respond to a specific substance such as gold, silver, or sometimes even paper money, and that the device will indicate the presence of such material by indicating a change in direction relative to the operator.

This theory of operation is not supported by scientific theory....

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?68994-Anybody-know-anything-about-long-range-metal-detectors&s=19e3d93b74b1457799c856aea0127956

What's to forgive?  I really don't care to win or lose your opinion, Mark - believe or not as you will.  I'm not selling anything.

I'm not so sure that GeoResonance is any more far-fetched than the satillite voodoo that put the flight down in the south Indian Ocean, frankly.

Somehow this stuff rang a bell - and now I recall from where.  I met an engineer a some years ago who was involved in a court case, defending a patent.  His career involved in a number of cutting edge technologies with a talent for creating practical machinery by which to put new ideas to work. 

He related this very thing, as I recall - and it is more complex than a 'metal detector' as I understood it then, and read it now.  It seems most incredible to believe, I can understand - and the practical applications may not be well evolved yet, hence maybe the stuff has been oversold given the state of the art.  But at its core it is remarkably simple: everything physical around us exists with a definite molecular signature, a resonance if you will.  This gent related some experience with oil and gas field exploration with the technology with good results. 

Maybe startling results - what he related about gas and oil in north America didn't seem credible - but within a couple of years we started hearing about fracking for natural gas in a big way (another technology and not one of discovery, but recovery), and more about oil deposits and exploration.

None of which proves anything, including that this technology was even useful for the discovery of those things.  And maybe, in a world hungry for new energy finds, these folks are over-reaching.  But what strikes me is the coincidence of what I was told of, then the emergence of industry confidence in resource distribution that exactly fit what he described being 'seen' by this technology, and now the explanation before us.

So I am not sure all the debunking isn't a bit gratuitous - but take it as one will, of course.  And we certainly live in a world seemingly full of gratuitous debunkers, themselves often subject to debunking...

Meanwhile, still not one trace of the flight 'down under' in the Indian Ocean to-date. 

How hard would it be to validate - or invalidate, GeoResonance's suggestion?  We're talking relatively shallow waters.  And that's all the company has done - is suggest that what they've 'seen' be checked out - that itself indicates a willingness to 'be wrong'.  I don't see where it is grounds to declare them fraudulent.

It is interesting stuff - and it ought to be followed up on as can rather easily be done before tons of time and resources are spent mowing the remote Indian Ocean for something that well may not be there.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:32:25 AM by Jeffrey Neville »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org