Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Condolences to Art Johnson on the death of his wife  (Read 5607 times)

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Condolences to Art Johnson on the death of his wife
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »

Art, I had missed you on the Forum but had no idea that you had lost your wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during your time of grief.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

pilotart

• T3
Re: Condolences to Art Johnson on the death of his wife
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

Thank you Woody, it's good to be back.  It was a total shock for me as she was more than eight years younger, Prayers were felt in her treatments, but you can't tell God what to do...

I'm starting to get back into 'life' and have had tremendous support from friends and family.  MINI Coopers are a passion and we had to abort the September 2008 big event when Cancer first hit her, but I got to go last month.  Fossil's and Minerals were her latest passion and she remained active in that through mid 2012.  She had the 'eye' (and knowledge) that Malcolm spoke of to spot History or Treasure in (meaningless to me) objects in the Sea, Rivers or Earth.  Makes me respect the eye and imagination skills of TIGHAR members and supporters who can see the history in a dug-up artifact and Especially in underwater growth encrusted shapes.

With the help of her Fossil Friends her collection has gone to Museums or is being sold with all proceeds supporting the local City Rotary Park's "Donna's Reflection Garden" except one Carved Stone Fishhook that the History Detectives said was the second one ever found in the World.  I will bequeath it to the UF Museum when I'm gone.

An Airline 'Buddy' just treated me with a wonderful trip to Chicago, followed by a 350 mile drive to his Grandfather's 'Camp' in upper Michigan and taught me to shoot clay 'birds', etc..

Next month I plan to drive the MINI from Florida to California and back and help celebrate my little Sister's Husband's 95th Birthday. 

This truly tragic Lawsuit affair ??? has prompted me to finally now become a dues-paying member of TIGHAR after over ten years of 'lurking' and learning.
Art Johnson

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org