Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Wing Flap  (Read 132612 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Possible Wing Flap
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »

Ric any chance you can post some of the footage that Tim is Reviewing ? As i don't think we can give a sound opinion without taking into consideration the surrounding area's, Even if it's just for personal use so we can answer Tim better.

I don't know what footage Tim is reviewing.  I can't post video here on the forum because the files are too big.  There's lots of underwater video on the TIGHAR Youtube channel.  As far as I know, none of it shows any airplane wreckage or body parts, but there's no way anyone can make a credible identification of any alleged piece of debris unless there is a way to establish scale.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »

As there has been some movement of matter in the downhill direction between 2010 and 2012, I don't think it will be possible to exactly correlate the two. Many objects evident in 2010 can no longer be seen in the 2012, no matter what definition. What I perceive to be the "cockpit" area is still further downhill than the rest of the debris.

How are you able to plot these positions so precisely?  In 2010 the ROV positioning system was not working and we've discovered huge discrepancies in the 2012 positioning data delivered by Phoenix.

I start with the position of the Rope/Cable dive reported in Research Bulletin #63, Site #1 (see attachment). Whether the lat/long position provided by Phoenix is accurate or not does not affect the analysis here. By comparing the 2012 videos relative to this dive with the 2010 HD video about the Wire and Rope, I am able to conclude that both show the same area: the rope is draped over some of the same objects and lies next to other identifiable (to me) objects.

The areas shown in both years are populated by many of the same objects: a main landing gear with fork and tire, a cockpit area with discernible instruments and flight controls, the center lifting section of the Electra elevator, the nose compartment, the Rope (determined to be a tie-down rope as opposed to the HF antenna), the Wire (displaced from its perch in 2010 by repeated ROV nudging), and so forth.

While no one object can itself provide scale, the aggregate of objects all of comparable scale to one another provides confidence that the objects are related. Furthermore, the objects all lie within an area that I have previously described as being no larger than a basketball court (although obviously on a slope).

So when a new object is discovered, such as the "possible aileron", its size and can readily be compared with objects nearby, and its position relative to other objects can be readily determined.

I have retained experts in material analysis and coral formations to analyze specific objects in greater detail and with rigorous methods common to such analysis. Their conclusions support my assertions, and I am therefore highly confident that the Amelia Earhart mystery is near solution.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:31:43 PM by Tim Mellon »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2013, 01:31:42 PM »

Tim

Is viewing the possible rope video HD, The Tighar channel video seems to end just before the area Tim's video stills are of.

I have viewed all the underwater video's on Tighar channel that many times i see rock formations when i close my eyes at night  ;D 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »

Richie,

If you without all the footage described earlier in my reply (#40) to John Balderston, then you will never be able to see or analyze what I have. It was my understanding that Ric had made this all available to every TIGHAR member, although high-end computer power is necessary to adequately review the videos of highest definition.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »

From 2010 there is only the 8:33 minute High Definition Video, from which you have taken your captures (starts 13:35:20 and ends 13:43:52). I know of no comparable Standard Definition Video from 2010.

In 2010, just as in 2012, the ROV was equipped with a Standard Definition camera and an HD camera.  We have Standard Definition video of everything from 2010 but it is, of course, much poorer resolution than the HD footage.  I can dig it out and put the clip corresponding to the HD Wire & Rope clip up on Youtube if anybody wants to see it.

That would be valuable, Ric. Thank you.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »

Further complicating the issue, I remember when Ric released the High Definition of 2012 to everybody else, it was said to have no time stamp at all. I offered to share my copy with anyone else just so that we would all be reading from the same page.

I asked Mark put timecode on the copy he sent to you.  We were trying to be nice. 

You were nice. And I was trying to be nice by offering the time-stamped version to whoever might need it.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »

Two things that intrege me the most. 
1.  Yes, Richies Anomaly
2.  The picture attached.   
TIGHAR Member #4154

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »

1.  Yes, Richies Anomaly

And where is the scale?

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

1.  Yes, Richies Anomaly

And where is the scale?

Well the fender is the upper left feature so that's a start?

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »

Tim

It was the HD wire/rope/full length video that was offered to us on your request by Ric which he did.

I am unsure if the full length hd 2012 possible rope video was offered to us in all honesty, It may have been but due to inadaquite hardware i may have declined

Richie

Member# 416

Russ Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »

And where is the scale?

Only if the object in question is indeed the fender from a Lockheed 10.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

And where is the scale?

Yet Jeff Glickman can opine with 80% certainty, and without any reference to scale, about the authenticity of these objects.

What is wrong with this scenario?

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »

And where is the scale?

Yet Jeff Glickman can opine with 80% certainty, and without any reference to scale, about the authenticity of these objects.

What is wrong with this scenario?

IMHO nothing is wrong with that scenario because he is not suing based on his opinion.
3971R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »

Its worth understanding that Tim (if i'm correct) views the wire/rope video as separate from the 'fender' object.

What I sometimes wonder is why TIGHAR spent time away from the BO area in the last expedition?

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »

Hi Tim

Hope this helps it's a 2007/2010 guide to forensic imaging Photogrammetry

http://forensicphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/let-me-count-ways.html

It's not a realm in which i would like to walk for sure

Good Luck

Richie

Member# 416

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org