Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 1938 Photos Study Group  (Read 186048 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: 1938 Photos Study Group
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »

Hi folks.  In looking at the photos I have a question for the study group.  Photo 324 has a boat-like object that I noticed.  It might be a photo flaw but I'd be curious what you think.  Thanks!

(first time posting photos so I hope it did it right.)

Sandra

Good job Sandra.  I don't know what that is.  I don't think it's a boat, but it's not a flaw in the photo because it's there in several other images. The attached image is from 0284.  It's fairly large (maybe 30 feet?), light colored, and skinny.  The interesting thing is that it's offshore the Seven Site. Could be a floating log but I've never seen a log floating in the lagoon.  Puzzling.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

Oooops! Sorry Sandra.  I thought you meant the thing in the lagoon.  The boat-shaped thing on the reef is a flaw in the photo.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »

Ric, as a paid-up Research member, I would appreciate receiving the NZ photos. If you would like me in the Study Group, I will offer to help.

We'll send you an invitation to the TIGHAR Flickr account so that you can view the hi-res jpegs.  Thanks but no thanks on the Study Group.

Bill de Creeft

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

regarding the Thing In The Lagoon that Sandra called attention to; ever since this began for me I have wondered why The Castaway ended up at the place on the island that is the "Seven Site" (or whatever it really should be called !?!)?...If you look at the lagoon from overhead, as i would if I were in an airplane, and you think of a strong incoming tide, the 7 site is just about where flotsom would be likely to come up against the far shore...
So I can't help but think that someone saw a floating object  go into the lagoon and up to the far shore; something that presumably could be something of interest or of possible future use...Or possibly even paddled in on it or ...well, you see what I mean.
So I hope that some thought can be given to that...

I suppose the 'woods will be full 'of things like that when you guys get narrowed down...

But if it was a wing, or a tail surface, or somesuch, and the Castaways...Okay; AE !!...thought it would mark their position, and even the fact of their existence, then that would be a place to hang out, until they were too weak to move again;.... that's where the bones were, right ?
And that's where The Initial In White Coral Rocks is, right?

C'mon Guys! While I'm young !?!.......
Bill
Bill de Creeft

Tighar Member #4131

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »

Ric, as a paid-up Research member, I would appreciate receiving the NZ photos. If you would like me in the Study Group, I will offer to help.

We'll send you an invitation to the TIGHAR Flickr account so that you can view the hi-res jpegs.  Thanks but no thanks on the Study Group.

Ric,

I have no problem not being part of the Study Group, but as I have met all the eneumerated criteria, I insist that you forward to me the same highest resolution photos available only to the Study Group (TIFF or whatever).

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:15:10 PM by Tim Mellon »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »

However, I am curious - with the greatest of all due respect of course, why now the interest in continuing the search if you are confident that the L10E wreck and other artifacts / remains have already been found as you have stated in your suit and apparently intend to demonstrate in court?

Well, Jeff, it's about Discovery, isn't it?

Can there be too much information out there? Is there no room for corroborational information? Must we all dig with the same trowels?

And, could these photos have been discovered years ago? Are we the most competent to analyze them?

Perhaps you have all the answers. I await your explanations.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:41:48 PM by Tim Mellon »

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »

Ric,
My suggestion to you is stay out of this discussion.
Ted Campbell

R F Wade

• T1
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »

+1

Bravo!!!!  - my feelings exactly, thank you for putting this into words

Stacy Galloway

• T2
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »

Yes, thank you, Jeff! My feelings exactly!
TIGHAR #4284R

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jeff. You are right on the money.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »

As I can understand this picture, it is a TIGHAR search that is underway; TIGHAR's rules apply.  TIGHAR has the discretion to choose among its members who will or will not participate; is being a 'Research Level' (and major donor) enough for one to 'demand' these pictures?  I think it is not.  I think there can be many reasons TIGHAR might decide not to allow someone into the group.

The rules for accessing the highest resolution images are enumerated in the first post of this thread, Jeff. I don't see anywhere "Tim or other litigants excluded". And this being a public forum, one must take into account the use of interstate communications, of course.

Thank you again for your good wishes. They are appreciated.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »

The rules for accessing the highest resolution images are enumerated in the first post of this thread, Jeff. I don't see anywhere "Tim or other litigants excluded". And this being a public forum, one must take into account the use of interstate communications, of course.

Thank you again for your good wishes. They are appreciated.

it clearly states that Ric is tasked with creating a study group that meets a specific criteria. it does not state that the study group is open to all research level supporters.

I believe Ric already stated that you would be sent the link to the flickr files that all research level supporters have access to.

edit: this is NOT a public forum.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »

I believe the exact wording was: "Accordingly, the TIGHAR Board has tasked me with recruiting a "Study Group" of TIGHAResearcher volunteers..."  [emphasis added]

While I don't necessarily have a pony in this particular show, I will nonetheles be so bold as to suggest that I'm pretty sure the concept behind recruiting is that there is a definite degree of prerogative on the part of the recruiter as to who is accepted and who isn't.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »

While I don't necessarily have a pony in this particular show, I will nonetheles be so bold as to suggest that I'm pretty sure the concept behind recruiting is that there is a definite degree of prerogative on the part of the recruiter as to who is accepted and who isn't.

While I accept this logic, Tim, I don't think the approach is particularly helpful to the TIGHAR cause.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

I, too, would like to be in the study group.

Jeff, I also felt you spoke my mind.
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org