Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amelia's last days  (Read 24400 times)

matt john barth

• T1
Amelia's last days
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »

I was wondering how many people out there know of Edgar Casey? I was also wondering how many new that Edgar gave G.P a reading about the whereabouts of his wife twice. The readings are still out there. I know Tighar is all about science, but sometimes these psychics can get interesting too. The reason why I wonder about the amount of people who know that read this forum is because, a while back I posted something about Dana Randolph (Rock Springs WY) and was recently shocked to see how many didn't know this story. Tighar's site is large and would take a long time to read everything. I think they mention it on their site somewhere, correct me if I am wrong. Casey said in the second reading that the harshness of the environment finally took her life on July 21rst 1937. His first reading he says that she is alive in a pacific atoll with Noonan, he said that the atoll was northwest or southeast of Howland Island. I'll stop there for people who haven't read the story. Check it out it is interesting.
Matthew J. Barth

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Amelia's last days
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »

Hi Matt,

link would be nice  :)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

Read An Avalanche of Psychics.

Don't get me started.

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »

Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »

Paul John Patten

• T1
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

Along with all the technology comes all the science fiction.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »

Superstition may have played a role in Earhart's decision to leave Miami on June 1, 1937.  This letter was found in the flyleaf of a library book (I've forgotten by whom) and sent to TIGHAR in 1993.  It's a bad photocopy and it's not easy to read but it's pretty interesting.

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:10:18 AM »

Just read the letter.  Fascinating!  I hadn't seen it previously.  I must say most of the astrologic analysis she discusses goes over my head.  I wonder what Harold's reply was? 

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »

If you find that interesting you will find this interesting as well http://www.ameliaearhartmovie.com/georgeputnampsychics.html

More superstitious stuff. Some people complained about a link to the Casey Earhart comment, just google the two names together. There is all sorts of stuff on the net about that. It saddens me that a person above brought up the fiction aspect of AE saga. Think about this. What Casey said is not far off from what Tighar's hypothesis is that is what is interesting. Look up other links on the Casey AE thing don't just do one. Some have more info than others.

Casey gave two reading to GP. He did like two a day for most of his life and recorded them all. He has some pretty amazing predictions. There are these crazy big blocks in the ocean off of the coast off the coast of Florida. People were speculating that west coast of spain might have been the eastern entrance to the lost city of Atlantis. Casey predicted where the western entrance is. He said something (correct me if I'm wrong) about there being large man made perfectly squared off boulders, I think they are white for some reason. So a few years after these cubes are found and there are artifacts there that tie to artifacts found on the west coast of spain. Then you have his prediction of WWII, and on it goes. I'm not superstitious I just find his reading interesting where it relates to Tighar. Then there is some support to back his claims on other readings. The man was not a schist-er which I find interesting as well, most of them are.

Casey did two readings for GP. One of them one was when she was still alive and another was when she had already perished.

You can go to You Tube and look up Lenard Nimoy's in Search of the Lost City of Atlantis. This is where my trail to Casey started. 
Matthew J. Barth

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »

No good luck charms, star allignments, or even praying, will make up for bad skills and lack of preparation. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »

I agree, still it's interesting.
Matthew J. Barth

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »

What gets me is that so many psychics said that Amelia was northwest of Howland Island and Putnam put pressure on search operations to look there, and spent his own money looking there:

http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1=any&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=/earhart&CISOBOX1=psychic

SCIENCE said that AE was on land, otherwise she couldn't have been sending radio signals, so if GPP had put more effort into searching the Phoenix Islands instead, there could have been a different outcome. I was surprised to read how much time, effort, and faith GPP and AE put in psychics. I believe psychics can have their uses (I can hear you, Jeff Neville!), but to put all your eggs in their baskets is a mistake, IMHO.

So sad.

Matt John Barth, I do find it interesting that Edgar Cayce said that AE died July 21, 1937. Makes you wonder, huh.
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »

Thanks for replying to my post. Like I said before, don't really believe in that sort of thing, kind of like ghosts, until I see one I won't really believe in them. In fact there is a ghost hunters episode that was made about the Bartonville Illinois State Mental Hospital that had been shut down since the 70's. We would hang out and play around there as kids. We would even go there at night to try to see a ghost. The buildings were big and you could hear all kinds of noises. Always just figured the noises were coming from wind blowing though the building because some of the windows were broken. We spent years doing this. I never had one expierience with any ghosts, niether did any of my friends. This was back in the mid 80s. Then ghost hunters does an episode about the building and of course they find all sorts of things. They even said at the end of the show that this place had some of the most activity of any place that they had seen. They even asked the new owner of the property if they could come back (because they had such a good time). Point being is, even though this happened to me I don't shut out my mind over different ideas. Not everything is black and white that is the problem with thinking that way. This was in response to Gloria's post.
Matthew J. Barth

Steve Rivkin

• T1
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge - AE
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »

Psychics and Earhart, speaking from a historical standpoint - Putnam himself seems to seek assistance from certain psychics and yes many others sent him messages. Some claim Putnam was on friendly terms with psychic researcher Hereward Carrington and Hereward did spend time at Putnam's with different psychics trying to get messages for Putnam. Famed Gene Dennis tried and well as Edgar Cayce. Putnam himself may not have been a firm believer but he was likely exposed to various believers and some séances through Earhart herself who did have such interests. Read the online article about Mae West attending a séance with Earhart who seems to have been the medium. If anyone knows more about Putnam and Carrington I would be interested for the Carrington biography I am working on. They say Putnam sought Gene Dennis's help and she likely got her old friend Hereward Carrington involved. A female astrologer friend of Putnam/Earhart seems to have gotten Cayce involved but it is also true Carrington knew Cayce very well and had a high opinion of his skills. Anyway the best psychics in the country were involved as well as many no names, and yes as far as we know they all failed - if even one had succeeded it would have made history.       

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 06:17:11 AM »

Anyway the best psychics in the country were involved as well as many no names, and yes as far as we know they all failed - if even one had succeeded it would have made history.     

What would a psychic have to do to "succeed" in locating a missing person or object?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org