Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonar Target  (Read 218020 times)

Pap

• T1
  • Bruce Weiss
Re: Sonar Target
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »

Well I may just be getting started but my fear is that the finish line may be in sight! I must add that my late friend, Ray Catran (?) can’t remember the spelling, was the one who led me to your site. I’m going to save a few dollars and send them along. Don’t be too optimistic, I live on a pension!
Bruce

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »

Thanks for link Jeff :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2013, 10:40:09 PM »

Richie
looking at the raw data for the sonar anomaly, now that it shows it to be even straighter than it first appeared, it looks even more out of place compared to its surroundings. Example: most of the features on the sonar run from top to bottom, reef to sea floor, the grooves, gullies etc... except the shelves of course. Then you get see this strange anomaly doing the opposite, going east to west as it were, in a straight line. I have tried to find something similar in the sonar data but nothing sticks out like a sore thumb as much as this anomaly.
This must be the place

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »

Jeff and Richie...Very late here in Chicago, but just saw the updated anomaly pic and I too found it rather interesting. The two white anomalies at the bottom of the picture...Is that something  new? Let me know...They look triangular in shape!!!! Thanks!!!!

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »

Jeff and Richie...Very late here in Chicago, but just saw the updated anomaly pic and I too found it rather interesting. The two white anomalies at the bottom of the picture...Is that something  new? Let me know...They look triangular in shape!!!! Thanks!!!!

it's 6:37am here, An i have to go to work in 52 minutes  :'(

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »

it's 6:37am here, An i have to go to work in 52 minutes  :'(

It's 07:00am here and I finish work in 30 mins Richie  ;D
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2013, 12:53:11 AM »

Lucky u am just starting shud be home for dinner though I hope

Member# 416

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2013, 04:37:00 AM »

Quote from Randy Conrad« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:32 AM »
"...you will notice that it looks like there are sections. If you take the biggest part of this image and overlay it from right to left...it appears that they are identical in length. Anyway, I notated this in red hash marks to let you know what I'm talking about!"

Randy,
Looks like the missing sonar pings found by OIC may explain the segments noted by your RED hash marks.
Steve G
#3911R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2013, 06:39:14 AM »

Quote from Randy Conrad« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:32 AM »
"...you will notice that it looks like there are sections. If you take the biggest part of this image and overlay it from right to left...it appears that they are identical in length. Anyway, I notated this in red hash marks to let you know what I'm talking about!"

Randy,
Looks like the missing sonar pings found by OIC may explain the segments noted by your RED hash marks.

The length of the entire string of hash marks is about 30 meters. How can this be explained in terms of the length of an Electra?

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Doug E Shaw

• T1
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2013, 09:10:11 AM »

Very interesting...The image appears to very linear which is good. And, even though the data is incomplete, we can still say the anomoly is possibly the correct length/height. Understanding this is a sonar image should we expect to see hints of wing stubs protruding from the image we suspect is a fuselage?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »

...should we expect to see hints of wing stubs protruding from the image we suspect is a fuselage?

Not necessarily.  If we're seeing the aircraft in profile (probably minus the engines and outer wing panels) we would see only the fuselage.

Doug E Shaw

• T1
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

Got it, thnx. And a hat tip to the folks in Hawaii for offering to help w/ this. Were they willing to offer an opinion on the chances of this being what we think it may be? Have any other people w/ relevant credentials offered to revue and interpret the new data? Dang it seemed like an eternity for this new sonar material. Sorry, not grousing just being impatient and summer 2014 can't get here fast enough. BTW, great work and I'll donate ltr in the store/membership. My second post today after lurking in the shadows for years and reading evrything posted.

Pap

• T1
  • Bruce Weiss
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »

The enhanced sonar images just released certainly add a bit more information to the puzzle! Odd that there would be a linear target when all else seems to be running in a different direction. The length, as I understand it, at present can’t be precisely measured due to the missing “pings”. A big thanks to OIC for helping out with this data by the way!
Do we really know if the aircraft didn’t crash on landing?
Bruce

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »

The following sonar image is of Air France flight AF447, lost over the Atlantic ocean on route from Rio to Paris in 2009. That's an Airbus A330-203 we are looking at. Hard to believe isn't it? Depth:3,800 to 4,000 metres (2,100 to 2,200 fathoms; 12,000 to 13,000 ft) It took years to locate the wreckage.

(Image: copyright BEA)

This must be the place

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org