Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fair Shake?  (Read 22769 times)

John B. Shattuck

• TIGHAR member
Re: Fair Shake?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 05:32:58 AM »

“Now that she’s long gone, why are people holding onto this?” says Ms. Dorothy Cochrane.....  Gee Ms. Cochrane; I'd think that the curator of an Air and Space Museum would encourage interest in aviation history..... just sayin'

manjeet aujla

• T1
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 08:02:31 AM »

"Why are people holding on to this?"  Hmmm... I have to confess, it has all been tighar's fault for making this interesting with some genuine research.

all imo

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

TIGHAR's response to the Smithsonian article is now on the TIGHAR website at http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/smithsonian.html

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »

Excellent response Ric

John B. Shattuck

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »

Well stated Ric

Dale O. Beethe

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

Why are people holding onto this?  Why would we want to know about the Titanic's sinking?  I don't think using its lessons about North Atlantic shipping safety would apply at this late date.  Why do we ask what happened to the dinosaurs?  After all, they seem to have been at least mostly dead for a while now, and I doubt many researchers are thinking of it in terms of endangered animal preservation efforts at this point.  We ask these questions because we want to KNOW.  That's largely what science and archeology are about.  It's disappointing that a magazine with the prestige of Smithsonian would lose sight of that. 

By the way Ric, I don't know if you wrote the reply yourself, or had someone else do it at your direction, but it was excellent.  Bravo to you for taking the high road!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 08:53:05 AM »

By the way Ric, I don't know if you wrote the reply yourself, or had someone else do it at your direction, but it was excellent.  Bravo to you for taking the high road!

Thanks.  It's only road we know.  Since you ask, I wrote the response with lots of pro-bono help from TIGHAR member and professional corporate communication consultant Mark Appel and my un-indicted co-conspirator wife, TIGHAR president Pat Thrasher.  Prior to publication the response was approved by the TIGHAR board of directors.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »

Prior to publication the response was approved by the TIGHAR board of directors.

Wait ... Tom Crouch says it's just Ric. And Tom Crouch is always, always always right, correct?

Anyway, back to raising money for Niku VIII.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR no. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »

Ric

Nice Job.

One of the most compelling presentations I've heard on why we care about Amelia was given during the 2012 Earhart 75 symposium by

- wait for it -

Tom Crouch

Maybe he and Ms. Cochrane don't talk much.

amck

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »

I would rather know the truth. Than to have someone else tell me what they thought thier truth was.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »

I would rather know the truth. Than to have someone else tell me what they thought thier truth was.

And that's what the Earhart Project is really all about.  How do we go about figuring out what is true?

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »

Proof is all thats needed. You do seem to have it. As far as im concerned.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org