Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Professional Qualifications  (Read 13158 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Professional Qualifications
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »

As requested and as promised, attached is Jeff Glickman's CV. 

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: Professional Qualifications
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:53 AM »

IMHO---I think that should settle that discussion. Like Jeff Neville, this sounds like the Jeff Glickman I met in DC also.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »

I don't think it is useful or necessary to have his personal information 'out there'.   Maybe you might consider blocking out his address, phone number, etc. as that is not relevant to his qualifications...and nobody's business...before too many see this.  Just a thought. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:04:08 AM »

I don't think it is useful or necessary to have his personal information 'out there'.   Maybe you might consider blocking out his address, phone number, etc. as that is not relevant to his qualifications...and nobody's business...before too many see this.  Just a thought.

I told Jeff that some members of this forum had asked for his CV and he provided it as shown, knowing that I would publish it on this forum and knowing full well that there are members of this forum who are hostile to TIGHAR and, by extension, to him.  Jeff, like myself, is a public figure.  We willingly attract a high level of public attention and, in doing so, we relinquish a certain amount of entitlement to privacy. We understand and accept that.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:23 AM »

Ric,
I hope you understand my comment was strictly from concern point of view for Jeff.  It was not meant to be critical.  I am a fan of Tighar and fully believe in the Niku hypothesis.  As soon as I finish 'licking my wounds' from 3+ years of unemployment and under employment in this wonderful economy, I intend on becoming an active member as well. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »

I hope you understand my comment was strictly from concern point of view for Jeff.  It was not meant to be critical.

I know and appreciate that. Thanks.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

Having met Jeff at the DC conference, I have no doubt that he can take care of himself. Should the need arise. If he feels the need for assistance, I'm more than happy to cover his back, using deadly force, attack flamingoes or whatever else appears to be appropriate at the time.

LTM, who can put your eye out with a paperclip,

Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »

I Believe the result of this topic, Has only added weight to Tighar's hypothesis, It's one thing to try punch holes in a hypothesis, But when that fail's, To then resort to going after individual's who support it.

Is a sorry state of affairs, An should be left to the soap opera that is Jerry springier e.t.c

Thank's  Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

tom howard

• T2
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »

Very forthcoming and I dont think it was necessary. The man is skilled no doubt.
However since he volunteered his resume,
I would like to ask what forensic field he is certified in?
Every expert I have heard testify in court lists a board certification in Forensic toxicology, Hematology, ect., some specialty.
Mr. Glickman states he is a "Board certified forensic examiner"
That sounds like a short title or generality, what specific field is he certified in, and by whom is he certified? Is it only the American college of forensic examiners?
Just curious since he doesn't mind his certifications and qualifications posted.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:30:59 AM by tom howard »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »

Very forthcoming and I dont think it was necessary. The man is skilled no doubt.

I'm glad you agree. We'll leave it at that.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:04:47 AM by Ric Gillespie »

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »

There are a few professions where there is no Board Certification. (I'm in one of them.)
We annoy lawyers no end, however, judges seem to have no problem with accepting our testimony given the appropriate education and/or experience.
In such instances, some lawyers ask for a list of client attorneys, and a list of captions of cases in which an expert has testified, or provided deposition; esp. in federal court.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »

This latest addition to Jeff's credentials may be of interest.

Jeff Glickman has been elected by his peers to the Chair of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Seattle Section.  As such he represents more than 4,000 members and major corporations including Boeing and Microsoft to the IEEE.  The IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional association with more than 400,000 members in 160 countries.  It is dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. The IEEE has more than 38 technical societies encompassing all fields of science and engineering, 148 publications, with more than 1,500 technical standards under development.  For more information please contact Jeff Glickman at glickman@IEEE.org.  Jeff Glickman is a Fellow of the American College of Forensic Examiners, a Senior Member of the IEEE, President-Elect of the American Society of Photogrammetry and  Remote Sensing Puget Sound Region, and is a Past-Member of the Washington State Forensic Investigations Council.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org