Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Test post  (Read 50812 times)

jgf1944

Re: Test post
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »

bent fender

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »

Looks to me as though you passed the test.   :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 07:53:21 PM »

images?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »

images?

Yup. If you want to have the image in the post rather than as an attachment, you need to upload it first, then use the URL of the uploaded image to get it into your post.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:07:56 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

jgf1944

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 08:13:57 PM »

Looks to me as though you passed the test.   :)
Well, C+ at this point. Figured out quote insert and image insert relative to attaching one image. Is it possible to attach--import--more than one image, and might you direct me to the relevant info?
I see, Sir, that you are the heavy carrier on the TIGHAR forum: maintenance man, problem solver, posting model, word merchant, erudite scholar...all bundled in a persona that smooths the water and keeps the train running on time. Your dedication to NR 16020 Revealed is admirable. Keep'em Flying.
All Best, John #3245

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »

Well, C+ at this point. Figured out quote insert and image insert relative to attaching one image. Is it possible to attach--import--more than one image, and might you direct me to the relevant info?

There is a limit of four attachments per post.  When you click on the plus sign next to the words "Attachments and other options," you will see a note that says "Restrictions: 4 per post."  Just above that is a link that says "(more attachments)."  After browsing to the first file you want to attach to your post, click on that link, and a new input box and browse button will appear.

I don't know what the limit is when you insert images directly into your post.  I know that things can go sour if one of the images is too big.  It would be wise to use modestly-sized images, as a general rule.

I see, Sir, that you are the heavy carrier on the TIGHAR forum: maintenance man, problem solver, posting model, word merchant, erudite scholar...all bundled in a persona that smooths the water and keeps the train running on time. Your dedication to NR 16020 Revealed is admirable. Keep'em Flying.
All Best, John #3245

Thanks for the kind words, John.  Much appreciated!  :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

Good post John, congratulations. :D
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7aMcDeuQ8I
learning URL

Well, I can't give you full marks.   ;)

The URL did show up.  But it's more helpful if you provide some descriptive anchor text as the link rather than the URL itself.

E.g., Amelia Earhart: The Price of Courage.

It's exactly the same link, but more human-friendly to use English words as the "anchor text."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Bill Roe

• T3
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 05:43:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7aMcDeuQ8I
learning URL

Well, I can't give you full marks.   ;)

The URL did show up.  But it's more helpful if you provide some descriptive anchor text as the link rather than the URL itself.

E.g., Amelia Earhart: The Price of Courage.

It's exactly the same link, but more human-friendly to use English words as the "anchor text."

Oh fer Pete's sake.  I could never figger out how you did that.  DUH.....just use the quote function to see how it works.

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

Bill, I finally figured it out after Marty got on me several times and gave me a special video lesson on how to do it. Sometimes I don't use it to make a point. I'll see if I can find it for you.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »

Bill, here is Marty's Tutorial .If an old Army pilot can understand it, maybe an old AF pilot can too.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »

Bill, here is Marty's Tutorial .If an old Army pilot can understand it, maybe an old AF pilot can too.

Well done, guys!  :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »

OK, so someone show this civilian how to insert the anchor text.
thanx, John

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »

What are you calling the anchor text?
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org