Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you add to the list of sextant numbers?  (Read 550117 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Can you add to the list of sextant numbers?
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2018, 12:45:58 AM »

I have to admit though the numbers on the documentation cited in the blog post are very interesting.

I think it's definitive.

And thus ends the quest to "add to the list of sextant numbers."

It's not the first time that TIGHAR has had to change its mind.  The first thing I ever heard about the organization was the story about finding Amelia's map box on a deserted Pacific island.  Turns out it wasn't hers, of course, but the story got my attention way back when.  The Ghost did some excellent research, and we should honor him for his work.

I will modify the sextant page to reflect this finding later today, all things being equal.  I need some coffee and oatmeal now and have a few other chores to work on first.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:49:06 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Can you add to the list of sextant numbers?
« Reply #481 on: October 29, 2018, 12:53:41 AM »

It seems that the quest to associate the sextant box found near the skeleton has come to an end.

I am going to lock this topic for now.

It has been a splendid thread.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our understanding of the work done by the Naval Observatory.

First post: July 17, 2010.  Today is October 29, 2018. 

Any further discussion of the sextant box found on Nikumaroro should take place in "Bushnell Sextant Box."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:57:10 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org