Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockheed Engineering Drawings needed  (Read 98584 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Lockheed Engineering Drawings needed
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

Ric participated in the making of the show, I believe.

Yes, unfortunately.  We went spent many hours on that piece of scrap and accurately placed it on the Electra but the TV producers decided to go with Grace McGuire's explanation.  Total BS.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »

Thank's Marty

I only read that page other day as well  ::)

It was the part picked up on runway not the twisted bit of aluminum, i was wondering about how did they match it to an individual part ?

Thank's Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

It was the part picked up on runway not the twisted bit of aluminum, i was wondering about how did they match it to an individual part ?

I'm lost, Richie.

These two videos seem to me to be talking about the same piece of aluminum:

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/part-of-earharts-plane-found

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/amelia-earhart-plane/

I can't understand your question.  You seem to think that there are two pieces of aluminum, one that is different from the "twisted bit of aluminum" in the two videos.    What gives you the impression that there is more than one piece of aluminum available to study?
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »

Marty 00:37 of video it says he received a gift an the object in his hand is black not aluminum an you see it again at 2:25 ?

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »

Interestingly it doesn't actually look like a recognisable part of an airplane, but it is. ;)
This must be the place

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »

Marty 00:37 of video it says he received a gift an the object in his hand is black not aluminum an you see it again at 2:25 ?

The piece of the airplane is shown at 17 seconds into the video.  The voice over is, "This shard of metal was donated to the Museum of Flight in Seattle.  Its owner claims ..."

It appears several more times in the video.

The black thing he's playing with at his desk looks to me like a throttle-lever assembly, but it could be for a lawn mower or an outboard motor.  It is definitely unrelated to the aircraft part that is shown in far greater detail all throughout the rest of the video and that matches the part Ric looked at for "History Detectives."

The Museum of Flight in Seattle has a recent article about the donation of the piece by Jon Ott to the Museum.  You will notice that the still photos bear a very close resemblance to the images shown in both video links up above.

I conclude where I began: Ric knows pretty much all there is to know about this piece.  (There are discrepancies about who gave him the piece, but that's life with the media, I guess.)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »

Thanks Marty

I was referring to the "black thingy me bob" Not the cowling catch lock  :)

Member# 416

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 09:41:32 PM »

I was referring to the "black thingy me bob" Not the cowling catch lock  :)

It is not from an Electra.

It was something for him to play with while being filmed.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org