Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Window Slide  (Read 33977 times)

Will Hatchell

• inactive
  • "Down to the nitty-gritty"
Re: Possible Window Slide
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »

With regard to the discussion of photosynthesis and flora at depth: A sea cucumber is an animal, not a plant. No photosynthesis. They are found as deep as 2000 meters (6500 feet), according to this website: http://www.divernet.com/Marine-Life/951174/the_secret_lives_of_sea_cucumbers.html.

So there is no reason why it cannot be a sea cucumber at this depth. Whether it is, and whether those are rivets or bumps on an echinoderm, or something else entirely, is another matter of course.

~Ian

Ian,

Kind thanks for that information on sea cucumbers which I did not have at hand – very interesting and helpful –  you've added to my erudition needless to say! All the best... :)
Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »

Thanks, Tim.

It is the horizontal piece that is such an eye-grabber to me, regarding the 'rivet' placement consideration.  I just couldn't account for how it related to the vertical piece - but as you noted, we don't know that they are connected.

Interesting, thanks!

Tantalus would be licking his chops!

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 01:27:04 AM »

And the bumps on the surface of sea cucumbers just don't seem as regular as those in the photo object.

That had crossed my mind.  I also look at the object as being something like an Awl, handle up top and screw feature below and the regular raised 'bumps' being the light catching the screw.

Rivets or raised?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org