This range study of the Lockheed 10E includes performance graphs and much technical
information about the aircraft. It is, nonetheless, a marketing document. Written
by Clarence L. “Kelly” Johnson, later of the famed Skunk Works, it
is determinedly optimistic in its assumptions and judgments. This is the Index:
- Summary and Recommendations
- Discussion of Curves Derived
- Additional Data
- Flight Procedure Data
- Effect of Head and Tail Winds
- Various Curves on Range Performance
- Take-off Curves and Effect of Wing Flaps
- Normal Airplane Cruising Charts
- Engine Power Curves
- Appendix and Computations
Note: this is a transcription/facsimile document, not an
original. The text is searchable. Pages 17 & 18, “Engine Power Curves,”
are missing from the original microfilm document from which this PDF was
made. If we can find them in another source they will be added.
Click HERE to go to the PDF.
It is long and will take a while to load, so be patient.
must have Adobe Acrobat or Reader to view this document if you download it.
Reader is available free from Adobe: Adobe
Acrobat Free Reader.