Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Davis-Monthan AFB  (Read 27085 times)

Ricker H Jones

• TIGHAR member
Re: Davis-Monthan AFB
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »

Cheer up, guys, the trip to the AMARG is not always one-way.

Four done, 2008-2009 (Please don't ask who remanufactured, and who is the current owner, I'm not authorized to "advertise" here for either one.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:25:55 AM by Alan Harris »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »

Great to see at least one good outcome. :D
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

I read somewhere were some of the inmates get out and it is not an easy process.   ;D That's a beautiful restore shot.  I know you said you can't talk about the restore work - but what do you reckon it would cost to do a job like this?
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »

That's a beautiful restore shot. 

Thanks, I'm a little constrained on photo selection due to the traditional "courtesy" that one doesn't show the identifying numbers on civilian customers' aircraft without permission.  In this case they are on the extreme aft end of the fuselage.

I know you said you can't talk about the restore work - but what do you reckon it would cost to do a job like this?

I can talk about the work, but I was not personally close to it, so would have to ask about specific details.  As to cost, few will ever know, but I can probably find out the approximate price, if you see what I mean.    :D

Edit:  Oops, pardon the typo in the photo name.  :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:17:44 PM by Alan Harris »

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »

Sorry, Monte, I'm still awaiting feedback on what level of investment the rebuild effort involved.

I'm casually wondering, do we not have a lot of tailhookers among our members?  I thought these pics might draw a personal anecdote or two, I believe the little "scooters" were regarded rather fondly back in the day . . .

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »

Sorry, Monte, I'm still awaiting feedback on what level of investment the rebuild effort involved.
I'm certain that it's beyond my means - just interested in knowing.  The work-in-progress shot shows the high standards going into it.  You could eat off that floor.  ;D
. . . I thought these pics might draw a personal anecdote or two, I believe the little "scooters" were regarded rather fondly back in the day . . .
AirScooter?
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

You could eat off that floor.  ;D

I don't think I'd go that far . . . but the FOD monitor is a real tyrant, believed to carry a whip and cattle prod, lol.

AirScooter?

It was thought odd at first because so small; no folding of wings required for carrier transport.  Other nicknames were less flattering, e.g. "kiddy car" and "tinker toy".   :)

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »

I wasn't sure by "scooter" what you meant, because of your ". . .were regarded rather fondly back in the day . . ."  - means to me to be a long time ago. But what I knew about AirScooter was read only a few years ago. Maybe 7 - 8 years ago.  I thought it looked like fun at the time - but never heard anything more about it.  So, I've Googled to see what there is now...... nothing but a small web site that shows nothing has ever been in production, but something is still in the works because of a June announcement of a pending merger with a clothing manufacturer  ???..  It is listed on the NYSC - not any ball-of-fire at $3.75  ;D
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org