Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HD ROV Footage 2012  (Read 84720 times)

Kevin Weeks

• T3
Re: HD ROV Footage 2012
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 06:09:49 AM »

Mr. Barrett...here is a still pic of the box in the main debris field that I saw...possibly a radio box or tool box....and then I'll show you the pic we have of Amelia with the Electra and a box similar to the one I saw at the debris field!!!!

the Boxes that amelia is sitting on are part of her line of luggage that she endorsed. She also had a clothing line, much like celebrities today. I have no idea whether they were taken along with her or not. searches for her name and luggage or the brand name of airlite will return images of the many many types of luggage made including the ones in this photo. apparently this luggage line was produced with her name until sometime around 1990.

Peter F Kearney

• T1
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 07:22:45 AM »

Mr. Barrett...here is a still pic of the box in the main debris field that I saw...possibly a radio box or tool box....and then I'll show you the pic we have of Amelia with the Electra and a box similar to the one I saw at the debris field!!!!
Hi Randy.
One of the problems with these images is that it is hard to get a sense of scale. If you look at the image I have just posted your Black Box appears in the center just underneath what we are assuming is the fender of the landing gear. If the landing gear is correct this would put the size of your black box at around 1.5 x 1 inch. That would be more in keeping with what i speculated as being a multi electrical connector. Either way I do believe what you have found is a man made object.

@ all, (Matty) Sorry for the large size of the image I am struggling to get to grips with the img tag

Edit: Peter, if you click on the "Modify" button and switch to the non WYSIWYG view, you will see how I edited the tag to set the width to 800 pixels.  Others who want to see the trick can click on "Quote." MXM
Peter
TIGHAR No. 4303R

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:36:15 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Peter F Kearney

• T1
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »

Edit: Matty, if you click on the "Modify" button and switch to the non WYSIWYG view, you will see how I edited the tag to set the width to 800 pixels.  MXM
[/quote]
Thanks.
Peter
TIGHAR No. 4303R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »

Are there plans to release more of the video?

We'll release more if and when there is something more to look at.  I'm hesitant to put up hours and hours of underwater video. We'd be swamped with camels-in-the-clouds.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »

While we are up in the clouds here's an image which contains a small panel, image 1, red box, and I don't need to inform everyone who has ever sat in a piston engined airplane what the shape of the surrounding area looks like in the black box. Some planes have two, others four. The object in the yellow box looks as though it was once covering the panel, it has what appears to be a handle and locking device. Image 2 is the panel, yellow box and the obvious shape that all piston engined flyers would recognise but, look at the shape in the red circle, where you would expect to see it isn't it? Image 3 is the same panel from a different angle.
Last image is the whole panorama.
This must be the place

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »

Peter, the picture is 1280 x 960 pixels or 17.77 x 13.33 inches.  If you use the Attachments and other options at the bottom of the comment box, you will get a thumbnail of the picture that can be clicked on to download or view.  Just insert the file name from where you stored it on your computer.  By doing it that way you maintain the pixel aspect ratio and won't be so heavily pixelated when zooming in on the object.  No more than 200 percent though or it will lose some definition.
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:01:09 AM by Bob Lanz »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »

Peter, you can also, after you have clicked on the "browse" button, go to your stored picture and "double left click' on it which will accomplish the same thing.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »

Peter, you can also, after you have clicked on the "browse" button, go to your stored picture and "double left click' on it which will accomplish the same thing.

Woody, you old buzzard, don't be raining on my parade.  :P  If you do it your way you can only click on the plus with the magnifier glass to enlarge it one size.  Doing it  in your selected graphics program allows for incremental zooming of the image to your desired result.  ;D
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:36 AM »

If you do it your way you can only click on the plus with the magnifier glass to enlarge it one size.  Doing it  in your selected graphics program allows for incremental zooming of the image to your desired result.  ;D

You're right, but I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. The one size is frequently enough. :P I probably should have mentioned that. :-[
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »

New TIGHAR YouTube video: "Comparison SD 1."

Guess: This is what they got from Niku VI in 2010.

Marty, I believe this is the SD version of the simultaneously captured Niku VII HD footage which contains the subject debris field.  You can see the date in the uper right quadrant.

Ric's recent Research Bulletin "Exploring the Debris Field" http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Research/Bulletins/63_DebrisField/63_DebrisField.htm  lets you play 'em both simultaneously  in order to get a better idea on why the subject objects were less prominent in the SD images seen during the actual ROV work.

As Mr Spock would say..."Fascinating".

LTM,
dp

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »

Marty, I believe this is the SD version of the simultaneously captured Niku VII HD footage which contains the subject debris field.  You can see the date in the uper right quadrant.

You're right: I was wrong.   :-[
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »

You're right: I was wrong.   :-[

No.  You were right Marty.  Although the "comparison" HD and SD clips are from the same dive on the same day as the debris field video, they are from a different part of that five and a half hour dive and are offered only as a comparison between the quality of the two grades of video.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »

Sheesh ... payday is Thursday. Another check will go off to TIGHAR so that the pro, Jeff, can use his professional eyes and professional computer wizzadry on this.

LTM, who doesn't want to go blind looking for things that are not there,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Brice Payne

• T1
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »

camels in clouds: while i may have missed it, i hadnt yet seen anyone point out these 2 camels (circled in red). the upper one seems to be round with 4 symetrically located round dark objects protruding from the flat top surface along its perimeter. the lower one seems to be a flat rectangular object about the size of small notebook. both these items appear between 0.51 and 1.11 into the video.
additionally... at 1.10 into the HD vid there is a good view of above this round object and above the 'fender'. any camels in the clouds there to anyone?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:47:40 AM by Brice Payne »

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

Funny looking camel, it looks almost like the back of an instrument/guage where the lights would be inserted to illuminate the face, or maybe the "idiot light". The square one definately looks man made, whatever it is.  -John
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org