Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "My Flight from Hawaii" by Amelia Earhart  (Read 9523 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
"My Flight from Hawaii" by Amelia Earhart
« on: August 18, 2012, 03:16:34 AM »

Good Morning! Several weeks ago as I was doing research on Amelia, I stumbled upon this in the Kansas Room of the Hays Public Library.  The enclosed article was taken from the May 1935 edition of the National Geographic Magazine. Although this was not from Amelia's world flight, I found it rather intriquing as it talked alot about her flying and landing abilities as a pilot in her very own words. After reading this you will get a sense of appreciation and what it must have been like to fly along with her in the cockpit! Please be advised that some of the last few pages are missing of this article!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:19:10 AM by Randy Conrad »

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Re: "My Flight from Hawaii" by Amelia Earhart
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:24:55 AM »

Part 2....

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 03:31:09 AM »

Part Three...

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »

Thanks for posting this Randy. This is very interesting. She describes what she would do in a ditching, and how she considered it dangerous. 
Also I had been looking to see what she called the airplane, a "ship" or a "plane" in relation to what Dana Randolf heard. "Ship is on a reef south of equator" . It appears from reading this, she either called it a "plane" or "airplane" so maybe the "ship" was the Norwich City
3971R

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:07:23 AM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

jgf1944

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

Good Morning! Several weeks ago as I was doing research on Amelia, I stumbled upon this in the Kansas Room of the Hays Public Library.
Great Find, Randy. I am just starting a behavioral science...psychiatry, psych, sociol...subject on AE, and this will be really relevant. John #3245
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org