Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bevington Object  (Read 256104 times)

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: The Bevington Object
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »

Morning. Tims picture appears to be similar to this one that was posted last year by Richie. Similar timestamps, similar coral formations, but the black squiggley got my attention.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »

I didnt 'see' the marker light or the wingtip, but the black squiggley does leave a lasting imperssion. and It appears in Tims pic, as well as the one from last January. Maybe Tim cal let Jeff Glickman take a look at that one too, while he's there.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Bill Roe

• T3
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »

Com'on Jeff -

It's obvious that "squiggly' is Earhart's shoelace.  For Pete's Sake.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2012, 08:02:16 AM »

Morning. Tims picture appears to be similar to this one that was posted last year by Richie. Similar timestamps, similar coral formations, but the black squiggley got my attention.
Tom

I have already explained that we were able to identify the black squiggly stuff as modern gasket material.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »

I'd like to point out that this thread is Titled and the subject being  -  "The Bevington Object".

Now, the first unanswered question is with a promise and that is to ask Jeff Glickman for his credentials or CV {see reply #111 on 11/3}.

I said I'd ask him and I will. 

The balance of the questions are from Gary LaPook and his computations relative to tides.

Gary's computations were based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of the methodology we used to establish the water levels on the reef.  That methodology and the resulting measurements have been explained on this thread.

This thread is about the Bevington Object, one the most important pieces of evidence we've found in the course of our investigation of the Earhart disappearance.  For some time now I've been working on a paper for publication in TIGHAR Tracks that will explain and illustrate the history of our experience with this image, the research it has inspired, and our current understanding of what it represents.  Bob Brandenburg is also working on a paper that will address tidal issues.  As has been pointedly pointed out by several members of this forum, it is not fair to permit the forum to debate issues for which the latest relevant research has not yet been made available.

Therefore, I will lock this thread.  When my paper on the Bevington Object and Bob's paper on tides and water levels are completed and published we can resume the discussion on a new thread.  Locking this thread will also cure its persistent thread-drift problem.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org