Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bevington Object  (Read 256054 times)

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: The Bevington Object
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »

Much appreciated. I did run across that thread while searching and I do remember reading it back in May which I believe is when the last post was added. I was hoping that perhaps something had changed since the expedition is over.  I'm assuming now that the condition still exists of the royalties to Oxford being paid before it could be released.

Is the full resolution image of nessie available for the anyone to look at? I've searched the site but could not find anything.

You might go to this thread and read.  General discussion>Reno Presentation-Hi-Res Nessie Photo Available?

That is not my area of expertise, but as far as I know, the picture is totally separate from the expedition so the conditions for releasing the picture will not change because of the completion of the expedition.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

I'm sure that's likely to be the case. Just wishful thinking on my part. I don't have the forensic experience of Mr. Glickman but I work in the field of remote sensing/imaging and would find it interesting to have a look at the image with some of the tools available to me.

Much appreciated. I did run across that thread while searching and I do remember reading it back in May which I believe is when the last post was added. I was hoping that perhaps something had changed since the expedition is over.  I'm assuming now that the condition still exists of the royalties to Oxford being paid before it could be released.

Is the full resolution image of nessie available for the anyone to look at? I've searched the site but could not find anything.

You might go to this thread and read.  General discussion>Reno Presentation-Hi-Res Nessie Photo Available?

That is not my area of expertise, but as far as I know, the picture is totally separate from the expedition so the conditions for releasing the picture will not change because of the completion of the expedition.

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »

As a professional courtesy to a professional who holds credentials in the field of photographic interpretation, you should take care not to attribute a position to him that he has not taken.

Glickman has not identified the object "as an u/c leg."

He has only claimed that it is consistent with four parts of the Electra undercarriage.

How else could he make his case other than showing what he means graphically?

He has provided the raw image, shown what features in it that interest him, and left it at that.

He has not manipulated the image itself--only the sketches of the components in the undercarriage.

Please stop making the accusation that he has fudged his data.

I offer my unreserved apologies to Mr Glickman, I did not intend to infer or suggest that he had fudged his data. My main question was directed at ascertaining if the other anomalies had also been subjected to the same analysis. Is there available anywhere the analyses of the other anomalies that I have mentioned?

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

I'm sure that's likely to be the case. Just wishful thinking on my part. I don't have the forensic experience of Mr. Glickman but I work in the field of remote sensing/imaging and would find it interesting to have a look at the image with some of the tools available to me.

John, these won't help as far as any analysis is concerned, but if you haven't seen them, here are Irv's Symposium Pictures. Interesting anyway.

I think there is a reference somewhere about how you can purchase a copy of the picture yourself, if you want to go that far. I don't remember where it was and I don't have time to look for it right now.

Here is the best one I can remember having seen on the Forum, but I doubt it would be good enough for what you need. Sorry I can't help more but I will keep you in mind.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:17:09 PM by C.W. Herndon »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »

My main question was directed at ascertaining if the other anomalies had also been subjected to the same analysis.

Ric answered that question earlier today.  The answer is "yes."

Is there available anywhere the analyses of the other anomalies that I have mentioned?

Ric has said at least twice that a report is being prepared.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »

Is there available anywhere the analyses of the other anomalies that I have mentioned?

Ric has said at least twice that a report is being prepared.

I await it with interest.

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »

Thank you for that link! I had not seen those symposium pictures yet.

If I could swing purchasing the photo myself I'd jump on it. Unfortunately I'm only working part time as I finish up a doctoral dissertation. I'm looking forward to getting that done and having money to spend again.

John, these won't help as far as any analysis is concerned, but if you haven't seen them, here are Irv's Symposium Pictures. Interesting anyway.

I think there is a reference somewhere about how you can purchase a copy of the picture yourself, if you want to go that far. I don't remember where it was and I don't have time to look for it right now.

Here is the best one I can remember having seen on the Forum, but I doubt it would be good enough for what you need. Sorry I can't help more but I will keep you in mind.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »

Nobody needs to worry about purchasing the image.  In April Jeff Glickman and I got the best copy of the photo possible with current technology.  TIGHAR owns that image and I'll include it in the Bevington Photo research paper.

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »

That's great Ric. Thanks for letting us know!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »

Yes, thank you! Anxiously waiting.  :D

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »

Martin,

I've been reviewing the Ameliapedia among other things today.

It appears a jpg you posted 26 January 2009 Nw-tip-w-sw-flo.jpg and annotated "Probable location of Electra' is perhaps 100' from Nessie, if I've interpreted Jeff Glickman's Nessie position correctly.
------
Doug

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »

It appears a jpg you posted 26 January 2009 Nw-tip-w-sw-flo.jpg and annotated "Probable location of Electra' is perhaps 100' from Nessie, if I've interpreted Jeff Glickman's Nessie position correctly.

You may be right.

I don't remember posting that.

I'm not sure who edited it, either.

I don't know exactly where Jeff would put Nessie--oops--the B.O.--nowadays.  :-\
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »

I don't know exactly where Jeff would put Nessie--oops--the B.O.--nowadays.  :-\

Don't tell Jeff, but we referred to the Bevington Object as Nessie throughout the Niku VII expedition.  It's just too convenient.

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

You may be right.
I don't remember posting that.

Martin,
If the attribution was wrong, my apologies. The jpg was referenced from http://tighar.org/wiki/Landing_on_the_Reef%3F. There were no grammatical or spelling errors (but I'm an engineer by training so often miss those sorts of things), and the overall layout was clean and organized so I assumed you wrote it. If you'd throw in some consistent 'signature errors' it would be easier to identify your posts ;)
------
Doug

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »

If the attribution was wrong, my apologies.

The wiki says I uploaded it, so chances are good that I uploaded it.

The jpg was referenced from http://tighar.org/wiki/Landing_on_the_Reef%3F. There were no grammatical or spelling errors (but I'm an engineer by training so often miss those sorts of things), and the overall layout was clean and organized so I assumed you wrote it. If you'd throw in some consistent 'signature errors' it would be easier to identify your posts ;)

I probably stole the image from someone else--without giving credit where credit is due!   :-[
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org