Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD ROV Footage 2012  (Read 86450 times)

Rob Seasock

• T2
Re: HD ROV Footage 2012
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »

Hello John Barrett

You are indeed correct, that is something maybe a gauge (spelled correctly, lol) I was looking in the wrong spot.  Just below the ledge your object is perched on is another item.

Rob

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:27 AM »

Looks like one of the fuel tank selector switches/levers (or are they the engine magneto switches--never been in an Electra) from the lower-center instrument pedestal--below the throttles/RPM/propeller pitch controls.  For reference, look at the picture on the cover of Ric's book, "Finding Amelia".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:37:13 AM by BMangus »

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »

The fuel selectors in the photo look to be black-faced with white lettering. This looks like it has white around the perimeter with a black center area. it does look like some type of selector switch though. It reminds me of a battery selector switch where you can choose battery a, battery b, or both. In another thread Richie is looking for info on the Electra's wiring system. Does anyone have photos of the ignition/battery switches used in the Electra?  LTM- John

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »

OK so let's take a closer look at the debris field and see what anomolies appear...
Take a look at this strand of 'whip coral' and see the strange behaviour of it as it attempts to head towards the source of light at the surface of the ocean. After heading up towards the surface it appears to give up and perform a number of loop de loops before heading back into the gloom. It is a very strange shape indeed...

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »

I pointed out earlier in this thread how the tropical fish can give some idea of scale in the HD video footage. Well, that's not the only use they have. This was pointed out to me by my next door neighbours little girl, 7 years old, whom I was babysitting while her parents went out for the evening. While trying to keep her amused for an hour or so  :'( I decided to show her some of the TIGHAR research and website. Not being particularly interested in navigation charts or aircraft she spent most of the time watching the HD video footage and came up with an observation that had completely escaped me. She took great delight in pointing out all the colourful fish to me while obviously ignoring the debris field. The reference she made to the 'fishes homes' caught my attention though. It was her way of explaining how the fish swim into and, out of the 'purple caves', her way of describing the purple coloured debris you see in the video footage. It's not a solid mass, it's hollow, it's something very thin that is covering an underlying structure, the fish can swim into it and out of it, sometimes in one way and, out another. I missed that, ain't kids great ;)
This must be the place

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »

This topic will now be locked and redirected to the Current Status of Niku VII Video Analysis
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org