Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test post  (Read 48882 times)

Monte Chalmers

• T2
Re: Test post
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »

Woody, yes, I've done that, but the "nine pages of hits" took going directly to Google - and the results were mostly related to TIGHER in this case.  When I did as you mention, the results come back as yellow highlights in forum threads. Not nearly as many results.  Also,  to get stuff back in the TIGHER Tracks era seems to require the Google approach - that's just my observation, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Monte TIGHAR #3597

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:57:20 PM by Monte Chalmers »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »

Monte, it has been my experience that if you type your subject in the search box at the upper right of this page then you get the yellow, high-lighted posts on the Forum.

Are you using the "Search TIGHAR" feature at the very top of the page next to the TIGHAR logo. When you use the search box on that page it uses a "special Google search", looks like it too, but it does mostly take you to references on the TIGHAR Web Site. When you try to go to page 2 of the list be careful because there is an "ASK" search button right next to the google next page button. I have accidently hit the "ASK" search button many times. Don't care for it much. :-[

If this doesn't help, let me know.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »

Monte, when you are on this page, the Forum, if you scroll to the top you will see a list of topics across the top. If you click on the second one from the left, "Search TIGHAR", it will take you to the page to find things.

Hmm.  I was just wondering how I could add a "Search TIGHAR" button to every page of the Forum.

Looks like I already did, once upon a time.   ;D
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »

Woody, yes, I've done that, but the "nine pages of hits" took going directly to Google - and the results were mostly related to TIGHER in this case.

The link I gave you to the nine pages of results was generated from using the Google box found on the TIGHAR search page.  I figured I would save you a step and just give you the result without explaining how I got it. 

My bad.

When I did as you mention, the results come back as yellow highlights in forum threads. Not nearly as many results.

No, that is a different search function.  That is the internal SMF search.  The button--or "tab"--that you're looking for is labeled "Search TIGHAR."  It is just under the TIGHAR logo at the top left corner of the page.  If you only see something labeled "Search," you haven't found what Woody is talking about.

Oh, drat.  It's more complicated than that.  I started a tutorial on how to search, but I see it needs work.  There are two routes into the Forum's internal search functions, as well as the big button/tab under the logo.

Also,  to get stuff back in the TIGHER Tracks era seems to require the Google approach - that's just my observation, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

You are correct.  If you use the Forum's internal search functions, you only search the Forum.

To search the rest of the website, use the TIGHAR-search box on the search page.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »

Marty, you explain things so much better than I do.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »

Monte, when you are on this page, the Forum, if you scroll to the top you will see a list of topics across the top. If you click on the second one from the left, "Search TIGHAR", it will take you to the page to find things.

Hmm.  I was just wondering how I could add a "Search TIGHAR" button to every page of the Forum.

Looks like I already did, once upon a time.   ;D

Do you mean that I finally got a "one up" on you? :o
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »

Do you mean that I finally got a "one up" on you? :o

Yup, totally.

Good eyes!  :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »

That took me long enough! It probably won't happen again.

Thanks. ;)
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

jgf1944

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »

Marty, CW. What time does TIGHAR estimate that AE put down on the reef? Gardner or Itasca time would be helpful. Many thanx, John  #3245. 

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »

Marty, CW. What time does TIGHAR estimate that AE put down on the reef? Gardner or Itasca time would be helpful. Many thanx, John  #3245.

1. I don't know.  Various times have been suggested over the years, I believe.  I don't think TIGHAR has published the tide tables it has developed in full.

2. Questions like this should go in the General Discussion Forum.  It's hard to have thread drift in the Chatterbox, but I think you've succeeded.   ;D
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org