Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order of Postings  (Read 13460 times)

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
Order of Postings
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »

Marty,
Have you given any thoughts of reversing the order of the postings on the site.  That is, put the latest post on top and the earlier ones on the bottom.

When we log onto a subject for the latest information we now have to scroll through all the earlier postings which most of us have already read.

Just a thought.

Ted Campbell

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Order of Postings
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

Have you given any thoughts of reversing the order of the postings on the site.  That is, put the latest post on top and the earlier ones on the bottom.

I've looked around.  I don't see a global setting for that.

You may set that option in your individual preferences, I believe.

Profile / Modify Profile / Look and Layout Preferences / Show most recent posts at top

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:29:53 PM by moleski »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »

I've found in my periodic monitoring of the Forum (http://tighar.org/smf/index.php) in which I stay perpetually logged-in, that by clicking on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link, I'm presented with the list of any new entries with the title of the new posts.  And imbedded in each such title is a tiny icon with the word "New".  If I don't click on the "New" icon, then I've noticed that I end up at the top and have to scroll like you said to get to the new stuff.  But if I click on the "New" icon that's there with the title of the posting, I'm taken down to where the new material is.  Once I discovered that behavior, I've become hooked on always making sure I click only there!  It's never failed me yet!!
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »

I've found in my periodic monitoring of the Forum (http://tighar.org/smf/index.php) in which I stay perpetually logged-in ...

Ah--that's an important point that I forgot to mention.

It does no good to mess with your profile if you're not logged in.

You have to be logged in to have the profile affect what you see.

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:35:41 PM »

Marty,
That worked, thanks.  Change your profile!
Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org