Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: NIKU VII  (Read 274544 times)

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: NIKU VII
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:59 PM »

Woody, that could have been a revision when they added the 102 gal. tanks in each wing.  I don't recall ever seeing refueling points in engine nacelles.  We need an actual picture of a non re-fitted LE 10 to see where they are.  I don't have time to do it today, maybe you could find one or someone here already knows where one is.  In any event those pictures are encouraging.

Doc, here are some pictures from the internet showing other L-10 Electras. I have not been able to find any signs of fuel fillers on the wings of any of the aircraft. On some of the pictures, the fuel filler door on the cowling nacelle does show up.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:07:25 PM by C.W. Herndon »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: NIKU VII
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »

Doc, here are a couple of more pictures I found indicating the location of the fuel fillers on AE's Electra.

http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/u?/earhart,524 "AE inspecting the fuel port".
http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/u?/earhart,299 "Mechanics refueling Earhart's Electra plane".

Corresponding pictures below.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org