Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Theory  (Read 16855 times)

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
New Theory
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »

Thanks to Gene Roddenberry and the makers of Star Trek Voyager I now know what happened to Amelia.  Episode 1 of Season two, yes I am watching them at lunch time, tell's how Alliens took Fred and Amelia to a planet in the Delta Quadrant. There they remain in stasis for 400 years. They took the plane and everything. So might as well cancel the trip to niku. Cause unless you have a warp core you are not going to find her there.

To be honest I just wanted to share that with you all as I found it funny they would have her on a episode. I think it was titled "The 37's".

Thanks for listening to my jabbering.

"The 37's Wiki Link"
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: New Theory
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »

Thanks Rich, That was a good link. This new theory could have more to it.
After Janeway left Earhart and Noonan on the alien planet, other aliens, a league of time police, eventually came and took them back to Gardner in a time machine.  5 days later, a Japanese sailor in a one man submarine surfaced in the lagoon. He mistakenly thought WWII had already started.  AE and FN  were held prisoner in make-shift bamboo holding cells, where they tried to tell the story of the time machine and aliens but of course the sailor did not believe them. The sailor called for assistance and the Japanese navy sent a boat with a load of aviation fuel and they flew the plane and prisoners off to a Japanese held island. The Japanese sailor was left behind and told to never trust the crazy stories his prisoners say, His commanding officer told him to keep up the good work, just before the sub submerged in the lagoon.
On the Japanese island, they took apart and studied the Electra. 3 months later, after making a copy they returned the pieces of the real Electra to Gardner, dumping them on the reef where they found it.  AE and FN were executed on the other island, Or so the the Japanese thought. Actually the aliens, having grown found of AE and FN beamed them up and replaced them with copies they had made just at the right nano second so the Japanese never knew what happened. The copy of the Electra the Japanese made was destroyed by Americans at war's end. AE and FN lived long lives and when they finally died, the aliens returned their bones to Gardner, once again in a time machine. No one knows what happened to the Japanese sailor in the one man sub. Some say he still patrols the islands, still thinking WWII is going on and determined to never believe a castaway again.

A side effect of the time machine trips was a rift in time in the Pacific that pulled a nuclear aircraft carrier back in time for a short time. But that's another story ;D
3971R

pilotart

• T3
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »

Nice fantasy there Gregory; the way I discovered TIGHAR was when a friend was working on a fantasy novel loosely based on that unfortunate vanishing in July 1937 and asked me for a 'pilots' perspective on some of his writing and that got me looking into the AE mystery.

As for that Star Trek Voyager episode; I have not seen it, but if you are an Amazon 'prime' customer, they have it listed as one of their 'free' videos at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HEWPTS/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=imdb-amazonvideo-20

You could watch it on a computer, or if you have an HD-TV with internet you could stream it directly from Amazon.
Art Johnson

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »

A side effect of the time machine trips was a rift in time in the Pacific that pulled a nuclear aircraft carrier back in time for a short time. But that's another story ;D

I have that movie too! It wasn't bad, wasn't great either.

OK, now that I have confirmed I am a nerd I'll vanish to the background again.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »

OK, now that I have confirmed I am a nerd I'll vanish to the background again.

Wear that "nerd" moniker with pride, my friend...it's nerds that got us to the moon!  ;)

dp

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »

I have that movie too!!!Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Katherine Ross------But thought it was the tractor beam from the Enterprise that moved the Electra.

Hum-----But Greg does bring up an interesting scenario---the Japaneeze did have these mini subs---My dad found one in Okinawa in the early 60's off the reef. Have pics of it. Called them 'Kaitens" I believe. Fill them with explosives, like a kamakasi. anyway----wonder if they were around in 1937?  Just asking----dont flame me!!
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Anthony Allen Roach

• T2
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »

The best part of "The Final Countdown" is when the F-14's easily handle the Zeros.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjNInIH4Hw
"Six the Hard Way."

John Hart

• T1
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »

Actually I have heard that one of the F-14s departed controlled flight during this sequence, I think about 5:50 on this tape. That means lose control in laymans terms. Trying to fly that slow with an AT-6 modified to lok like a zero can get you in trouble. Obviously he had enough altitude to recover.

JB

Anthony Allen Roach

• T2
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »

"Actually I have heard that one of the F-14s departed controlled flight during this sequence, I think about 5:50 on this tape."

I just re-watched the clip and you are right.  The F-14 has her wings in the swept forward configuration for slower speeds, and appears to nose over towards the water.  Proof that this stuff is dangerous, even in the movies.  Great clips of the variable sweep wings moving aft for speed at about 6:36.
"Six the Hard Way."

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »

Japanese sub was a Gilligans island episode.
3971R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org