Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Tom King's Blog  (Read 17363 times)

Irvine John Donald

• T5
Dr. Tom King's Blog
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »

As I posted last night I found Dr. Tom King's blog and posted his comments on the passing of Dr. Kar Burns.  I returned to his blog site today and found two new blogs.  As Dr. King is associated closely with TIGHAR and is a member of the EPAC board I thought it would interest you to know he has submitted a publication for the Pacific History Journal and this article, while still not published, is available to anyone who asks him for a copy.  The article is essentially a summary of the TIGHAR hypothesis and is, in my opinion, a good summary of the effort.  It provides good references and gives the justified credit to Ric and TIGHAR for its excellent work.  Tom is an archaeologist by profession and leans towards his professional instincts of finding evidence the hard way.  Slow and steady for sure but it's the painstaking grind of digging and sifting.

Dr. KIng also created another blog posting on "What's Left on Nikumaroro?".. Another great summary on whats left to explore on the island from an archaeological standpoint.  The blog is here: 
http://ameliaearhartarchaeology.blogspot.com/

I would encourage you to view this blog.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Dr. Tom King's Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

Fantastic reading!

I've been thinking about the shoe site and its associated clam bush as another possible camp site for the casterway.  I have never thought the Seven Site to be the only other site after Camp Zero.  Its one thing being able to walk from one end to the other knowing there's a food/water laden vessel off shore but a casterway may want to keep there 'tools' close to hand just in case.

The village seems such a great possible resource, look whats been found so far (dado's etc).  Its another area that need particular attention before mother nature rubs it clear.

Camp Zero (near the Norwich City first camp?) is another great wish.

OK I understand its all about money and a peice of the bird is the meal ticket but lets then not forget the human story?

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:12:24 AM »

Dr. King has posted some really good reading material here recently. Worth reading. Go to. 

http://ameliaearhartarchaeology.blogspot.ca/
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »

Fantastic!

Can't beleive i;ve been duped into contibuting to a possible 'covert' US opperation in NIKU  ;D

Wounder what our professional Archaeologists may have to say on the first part.

How much to rent Rics Island Condo?

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:45:51 AM »

Oh and I agree that all of the press focus is on one object when there are infact half a dozen other objests from around the same era associated with fires.

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »

I'm afraid so Chris. We have all been duped by Ric's devilish ways into believing the TIGHAR hypothesis. Except me. I get a cheque each month from the government to keep quiet. 
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »

Gee Jeff. Where can I get a ticket for that ride?  Does it go past your beachfront property?

Is Fred the skipper? 

One thing I wonder is regarding what the ROV and AOV may find. We know what aircraft went down near Nikumaroro but what about other ships?  Military and otherwise. Do we know the area is clear of ships and other junk, other than Norwich City?
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:50:47 AM »

Interesting.

Word has it that there is a very old (and skinny) lady who is taking people on tours deep into the Marianas Trench in a submarine that was made from the converted hulk of a salvaged Lockheed 10E with U.S. government funds siphoned via black projects into the hands of a major U.S. defense contractor...

I also have some wonderful beachfront property for sale here...

LTM, and 'Sam', who needs it badly -
Attached is a photo of the "Trieste", the bathyscaphe that did descend to the bottom of the Marianas trench in in 1960 It is located in the Navy Museum on the Washington Navy Yard.

gl

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »

I can't beleive they got to the bottom and stayed with a crack in the window.

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »

I can't beleive they got to the bottom and stayed with a crack in the window.
Here is a photo of the hatch, it is about 8 inches thick, maybe more.

gl

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:04 AM »

Still would have given me the creeps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org