Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: NIKU VII  (Read 274472 times)

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: NIKU VII
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »

Lisa---I dont think anyone on here will have an issue with that!.   So-----you called in WELL---like well i have somethin more important to do than work. Damn thats cool!!!!!
Say hey to Ric for us!
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Gus Rubio

• T2
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

Just a quick note to the Expeditioners from a well-wisher- stay safe, be thorough, and bring Amelia and Fred back home.  God bless and the very best of weather and luck!

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »

This is gonna be a great day!
If I can ever find out how to get images from my computer posted here...sigh.

Lisa Anne, as you begin to compose a new message, look below the composition (see image #1 below) window and click on the "Attachments and other options" link.  That expands that option to present you with a "browse" function so that you can navigate to the picture file in your computer, choose, and attach it (see image #2 below).  For attaching multiple pictures (up to four), click on the  "(more attachments)" underneath where your first picture's file name appeared.

Just remember that when you "preview" your message, you will not be shown your attachments.  But when you "post" the message, they will be there.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »

Best wishes for Ric and ALL associated with NIKU VII.  May you experience good karma all the way.

Most Exciting!! 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:32:54 PM by Dave Potratz »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

David S Kuharski

• T1
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

I enjoyed the YouTube video but the comments below it are very disturbing. Is that really how the public is viewing this expedition?

Either way, best of luck on the search! I am looking forward to the daily updates!
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »

I enjoyed the YouTube video but the comments below it are very disturbing. Is that really how the public is viewing this expedition?

Either way, best of luck on the search! I am looking forward to the daily updates!

Yes, some of the comments are very stupid. So we should write our comments too.  (Did so!) All should know that no taxpayer's money is wasted.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »

Well said Leon

Bill Roe

• T3
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

Yes, some of the comments are very stupid. So we should write our comments too.  (Did so!) All should know that no taxpayer's money is wasted.

By all means we should weigh in with the truth.  Sad, such negative, ill-informed stuff showing up.......................

LTM -

Absolutely!  Aren't most followers negative when they don't have enough information to be positive? 

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »

Wow Bill---great statement!!!

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »

Any news today on KOK sailing? Lisa----did you stowaway? ;D

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »

Today's posting by Jeff on another thread is a reminder that, as we wait with bated breath for the next morsel of news from the expedition, we should gratefully acknowledge those companies that have made major contributions to the funding of Niku VII -- especially the company that built NR16020.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:05:31 PM by Bruce Thomas »

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »

My favourite plane ever!
Lockheed U-2 and TR series planes. You gotta admire a plane design that requires the pilot to stall it to get it on the ground. Those birds loved to fly, they hated the ground. ;D
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »

i have just been reading on sky news that the expert that retrieved the black boxes from Air France crash is aboard ship.

Is that to help find parts, Buried by sediment or is there a possibility parts could be raised on this expedition ?

http://news.sky.com/story/955538/expedition-to-find-amelia-earharts-plane
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Lisa Anne Hill

• T1
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »

So by now I bet some of you thought I DID stow away on KoK - if only that had been the case. Sigh. ;)

What a great time, though, made possible by Ric's generosity and the friendliness of everyone aboard that I met. I was able to spend Monday afternoon on the boat, even rode down to the refueling dock and back (fun but in truth not all that exciting. Smooth ride)

Ric loved the gift - in case these pictures don't make it up on the Forum, I'll tell you all what it was: Bruce Thomas had the idea to get Ric and the team a bottle of Benedictine as sort of a gag gift (thanks again Bruce for the idea!! Can't believe I pulled it off!). They'll have to "sneak" it on the boat though since the cap'n runs a "dry" boat...

I cannot express enough how nice it was that Ric took the time from his busy schedule to show me around and introduce me to everyone - and if I try to name everyone, I know I will forget someone...but what a class act. I can't wait to hear what happens at Niku!  I've invitied everyone from the team to come to the Battleship Missouri for tours, time permitting, when they return - that is if there aren't any big earthshaking press conferences to announce...well, you know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org