Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr King to work on Saipan Captivity Hypothesis  (Read 14426 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Dr King to work on Saipan Captivity Hypothesis
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »

Not sure if this has been posted before but as we now have a new 'play' area thought i'd post it.

Doctor King Says;
Since I mentioned the paper that Tom Roberts, Joe Cerniglia and I are working on, dealing with the Saipan Captivity Hypotheses for Earhart's/Noonan's disappearance, the question's understandably been raised: Are we abandoning the Nikumaroro Hypothesis?

Amelia Earhart Archaeology Feb 27th 2012

corrected misspelling in thread title -- BT
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:41:58 AM by Bruce Thomas »

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
Re: Dr King to work on Saipan Captivity Hypothesis
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »

Thanks Chris, that was a good write-up.

Dr. King does a wonderful job of abstracting the search / results at Niku to-date in another post at that site.  Always the scientific professional, he also does a great job of illustrating the process and how and why searches should be prioritized - without criticizing those who feel compelled to search elsewhere.

I believe his purposes for work on the Saipan idea are noble - as I read it this is fair consideration of alternate theories (ensure they are allowed to speak for themselves as much as possible) and to provide a scientifically critical response for those who would search to consider.  I also trust his open remarks about why Niku remains a prime location.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »

Tom King is trying to get a copy of the paper he wrote with Roberts and Cerniglia into the hands of William Duncan, who posted some questions about Mike Campbell's recent book, Truth at Last.

Tom thinks the paper answers some of the questions Duncan asked.

The article is not yet available on the internet, but it is slated to be published Northern Marianas Islands Council for the Humanities and/or the Guampedia.

Please contact Tom directly if you would like to request a pre-publication version of the paper.

King, Thomas F., Thomas A. Roberts, and Joseph Cerniglia

"Amelia Earhart in the Marianas: a Consideration of the Evidence."  Paper submitted to the Northern Mariana Islands Council for the Humanities’ Marianas History Conference, Saipan, June 14-16, 2012.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:32:31 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »

Thanks for the Heads Up Marty.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Vahe Demirjian

• T1
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »

Tom King is trying to get a copy of the paper he wrote with Roberts and Cerniglia into the hands of William Duncan, who posted some questions about Mike Campbell's recent book, Truth at Last.

Tom thinks the paper answers some of the questions Duncan asked.

The article is not yet available on the internet, but it is slated to be published Northern Marianas Islands Council for the Humanities and/or the Guampedia.

Please contact Tom directly if you would like to request a pre-publication version of the paper.

King, Thomas F., Thomas A. Roberts, and Joseph Cerniglia

"Amelia Earhart in the Marianas: a Consideration of the Evidence."  Paper submitted to the Northern Mariana Islands Council for the Humanities’ Marianas History Conference, Saipan, June 14-16, 2012.

The paper by King et. al. has been published --- I have read the full text at http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Research/ResearchPapers/AEinMarianas.html and now I'm waiting for the paper  “Amelia Earhart on Nikumaroro: a Summary of the Evidence" to be published.

Joe Cerniglia

• TIGHAR member
  • Niku in a rainstorm
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 05:33:55 AM »

The paper by King et. al. has been published --- I have read the full text at http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Research/ResearchPapers/AEinMarianas.html and now I'm waiting for the paper  “Amelia Earhart on Nikumaroro: a Summary of the Evidence" to be published.

Wait no longer.  Dr. King's article  “Amelia Earhart on Nikumaroro: a Summary of the Evidence" has been published in the December 2012 edition of the Pacific Studies Journal.  You can order a printed copy here at the reasonable price of USD 15 or Dr. King will send you a complimentary PDF simply by writing him at tfking106@aol.com.  I highly recommend this chapter for anyone interested in a concise, broad overview of the Nikumaroro Hypothesis. 

Joe Cerniglia
TIGHAR #3078 ECR
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org