Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: After the Landing  (Read 384891 times)

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
Re: After the Landing
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »

I would like to see credible sources that show human remains surviving in that particular tropical, underwater environment for 70+ years.  By credible I mean a peer reviewed scientific paper.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »

I would like to see credible sources that show human remains surviving in that particular tropical, underwater environment for 70+ years.  By credible I mean a peer reviewed scientific paper.

Though not peer review or scientific I remember as a young lad in the 1970's watching a Jac Cousteau (sp) documentary about Japanese wartime wrecks in the pacific and being fascinated by the bones etc but alas I can't tell you where that was.  I suppose I'm saying it may be possible but only in the right conditions.

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »

Yes, I've seen something similar and there are images all over the web of human remains underwater but I believe those conditions are very specific to preservation. While this is not my field of expertise I would say that based upon what I can see, the underwater environment that was photographed during the expedition is extremely dynamic and full of seemingly uncountable life forms. To say that something like human remains (a food source) would survive for 70+ years is not something I would be convinced of without credible proof. With my current knowledge of that system I would say near impossible.

Though not peer review or scientific I remember as a young lad in the 1970's watching a Jac Cousteau (sp) documentary about Japanese wartime wrecks in the pacific and being fascinated by the bones etc but alas I can't tell you where that was.  I suppose I'm saying it may be possible but only in the right conditions.

Brano Lacika

• T1
« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »

I look into those pics attentively and honestly I don´t see those things as described. I will take a rest and try again. What I like most on Tim s page is a pic of beautiful Amelia aged 16 which I have never seen before...  :)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

And here is yet another point of view.

REALLY

How about you should have researched Tighar before you give them one million in stock, That video has been available since 2010 and in all honesty the high res copy only confirms that it is only coral in the video that resembles aircraft parts as for seeing skeletons an banjo's an guitars etc "Really" for the money your paying to sue Tighar i would say Elvis was there too.

O an that sonar image u used was my interpretation of what i see not what Tighar see, So considering you used my image without my consent you owe me one million pound

Thanks

Richie, that was written by Lloyd Manley (a TIGHAR member), not by me. Please read more carefully before raising your pen in anger towards me.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:34:07 AM by Tim Mellon »

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »

And you thought THIS forum was weird.

How could the TIGHAR forum possibly be regarded as weird, when one of the unstated and secret but absolutely vital criteria for membership is the ability to recite long passages from Monty Python and the Holy Grail from memory? Seems perfectly reasonable and normal to me.

LTM, who has the DVD,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Lloyd Manley

• T1
« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »

... that was written by Lloyd Manley (a TIGHAR member), not by me. Please read more carefully before raising your pen in anger towards me.
All,
The article was written by me and frankly, given the passions on this subject, I fully expected wrath from every corner, including Mr. Mellon. So, no, you can be sure it was not written by Mr. Mellon, Mr. Gillespie or Elvis. I admire the following of principle so I try to say what I really think, unvarnished and as is. Sorry if it upsets anyone. Just my 2 cent opinion.

Tim,
I am not a TIGHAR member, unless you're just referring to having a posting account here?

Lloyd

Joshua Doremire

• T1
« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »

This really needs it's own thread under "Alternatives to the Niku Hypothesis".

I'll give it credit for bringing up a couple ideas in the theory.

Now somewhere in this poorly organized rant a couple of good questions are brought up. The intro has one getting their tinfoil hat out. The personal analysis of Mr. Gillespie is irreverent to finding Amelia and to their points brought up. 'I must be correct because the other guy is a S.O.B.' What are they running for political office here? All that did was hurt the credibility of the author. It almost had me closing the page as a rant. But, I was board and read on.

The hardest thing is lack of cited sources one can look up for points of interest.

Schedule for radio being messed up is an interesting point. Of interest is why would she turn off the radio receiver as it did not appear to take that much power? The generator was current limited by a regulator. A fuse that would blow under full extended load makes no sense. A generator failure is an emergency with required instruments, lights for them, and other things like electric fuel pumps. More proof of the fuse and how it would blow via a link etc. would be useful. The transmitter taking way more power I could see the receiver being off. But why leave it off? Two generators may have helped eliminate the schedule issue some, but, you can't step on the other person transmitting and be heard. IMO from a power need, backup, and critical item standpoint a second generator on the other engine would have been smart to have. It is after all 1937 mechanical technology and even in the future, today, nothing works. Their compromise to keep weight down was the schedule. How far they took electric power saving is something to look into. After all it takes fuel to generate electric power.   

The navigation error puts them near Gardner island. Yet we have splashdown conclusion instead of landing there. As much credit is given to them including using the island as an alternate it has them falling short. Classic rant. Never mind the post loss transmissions...   Great theory, but, choked at the conclusion.
TIGHAR # 4274R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »

This really needs it's own thread under "Alternatives to the Niku Hypothesis".

I have no objection to such a thread.  I can think of no better way to bolster the Niku Hypothesis.  My only concern is the time and distraction it would take from genuine research to address the avalanche of factual errors in the ramblings of characters like Mr. Manley.  A thread about Advanced Life on Mars might be more fun.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:04:24 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »

What I like most on Tim s page is a pic of beautiful Amelia aged 16 which I have never seen before...  :)

The photo is in Carol Osborne's book, co-written with Muriel Morrissey, "Amelia, My Courageous Sister."  It's on page 39.  The photo was supposedly taken in St. Paul in 1914.  Amelia was born in 1897 so she would be 16 if the photo was taken before July 24 and 17 if taken after. 

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »

Timothy old chap, I fear the irony of Richie's posting flew over your head! Its probably a cultural thing as British humour is well known for failing when crossing west over the Atlantic. (apart from the great Monty Python)

REALLY

How about you should have researched Tighar before you give them one million in stock, That video has been available since 2010 and in all honesty the high res copy only confirms that it is only coral in the video that resembles aircraft parts as for seeing skeletons an banjo's an guitars etc "Really" for the money your paying to sue Tighar i would say Elvis was there too.

O an that sonar image u used was my interpretation of what i see not what Tighar see, So considering you used my image without my consent you owe me one million pound

Thanks

Richie, that was written by Lloyd Manley (a TIGHAR member), not by me. Please read more carefully before raising your pen in anger towards me.

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »

I liked the picture too. That one and the one with her sitting at a table are my favorites of her.

I agree this should go in alternate hypothesis starting with the link by Tim Mellon in reply 350.
Maybe in the "blank sheet of paper thread" or a new thread.

also
I didn't know there were any Monty Python requirements, though I used to quote that movie all the time.
Feel free to delete this post if this topic is moved
3971R

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »

Lloyd,

where did you get your navigation information from?
Chris, I think a lot of the navigation information was filched from a topic here in the Celestial Choir portion of Forum, "Seeking Comments on New Date Line Theory," that was started by Liz Smith (who Lloyd cites) in 2011, and from Liz's own website, "The Date Line Theory."
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »

I didn't know there were any Monty Python requirements, though I used to quote that movie all the time.

There are no Monty Python requirements but you do get points for being able to answer some basic questions:
• Why do witches float?
• What else floats?
• What is your favorite color?
• What is the capital of Assyria?

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »

There are no Monty Python requirements but you do get points for being able to answer some basic questions:
• Why do witches float?
• What else floats?
• What is your favorite color?
• What is the capital of Assyria?
They are made of wood
A duck
Blue..no?yellow ARHH
I don't know
3971R

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org