Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum frustrations  (Read 10250 times)

Tim Collins

• T4
Forum frustrations
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »

I may be the only one, but I find it annoying that a number of people have felt the need to jump into certain threads in order to scold the efforts of a few for trying to conduct their own analysis of various photos, videos etc.  They're not trying to compete with or otherwise impune the efforts and results of Jeff Glickman, Ric or anybody else for that matter.  This sort of thing has got to be expected given the paucity actual analyses and reports on the photos and videos that have been made available. It'll all come out in due time I'm sure. Perhaps some have forgotten, but this is a discussion forum. If you're not interested in the discussion or think it's a waste of time then don't follow it or better yet offer some intelligent counter arguments. Perhaps it's naive, but who knows, somebody might actually stumble onto something that had been overlooked - need I remind you how long it took "nessie" to be noticed?   Nobody needs to be told to "leave it up to the professionals", and I'm pretty certain that neither Jeff nor Ric needs anybody to come to their defence. It's not fun living vicariously is it?

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Forum frustrations
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

Well said! I have been impressed with the intelligence and knowledge of many of the people who post on this site, Gary, Heath,Tom there's too many to list. Although I don't always agree with their findings or opinions I am always willing to listen and learn and, respect the depth of knowledge and expertise they bring to this forum.
This must be the place

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Forum frustrations
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »

I may be the only one, but I find it annoying that a number of people have felt the need to jump into certain threads in order to scold the efforts of a few for trying to conduct their own analysis of various photos, videos etc. ...

I have changed the topic and the location of the thread for several reasons:
  • This kind of meta-conversation about etiquette is not directly about TIGHAR's research on the Niku hypothesis.  It is therefore off-topic in the Amelia Earhart Search Forum.
  • We have several moderators whose job it is to moderate the Forum.  It is contrary to the Forum guidelines for posters to lash out at each other in a misguided effort to bring other posters into compliance with unofficial guidelines.  That's how flamewars get started.
  • An excellent remedy to deal with people whose posts annoy you is to place them on your "ignore" list.  Please do so quietly.  Those who loudly announce that they are plonking another poster have missed the whole point; such posts will be removed immediately.
  • At the bottom of every post in the Forum, including this one, is a link that will let you report the individual post to the moderators.  This is an easy way of expression your frustrations in a constructive fashion.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org