Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Press Conference at State Department, 20 March 2012  (Read 97158 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Press Conference at State Department, 20 March 2012
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

Trivia injection re spinal tap

The said same problem occured in 1982 when Black Sabbath (with Ian Gillan) ordered a stonehenge type set which was too big for any stages for the supporting tour.

Jeff - Have always loved Avbury (sp) much more than Stonehenge that is much smaller than you imagine.

Me too Chris, the Avebury circle is more spectacular than stonehenge due to the area it covers and, it has a pretty little village INSIDE the stone ring, just goes to show how big it is.

This must be the place

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

No, I haven't seen the spinal tap movie set of stonehenge Andrew but, I do live only 5 miles from the real stonehenge in Witshire and, it's not as big as people are led to believe, rather disappointing in fact. Still, it brings in the tourists ;) (I don't think that was its original purpose though)
I first visited Stonehenge in 1984, I parked on the side of the road, it was wide open and we just wandered among the stones with no restrictions. It was a quiet place. We were back there in 2009, there is now a large bus parking lot and they won't let you get close. It was disappointing.
gl

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »

No, I haven't seen the spinal tap movie set of stonehenge Andrew but, I do live only 5 miles from the real stonehenge in Witshire and, it's not as big as people are led to believe, rather disappointing in fact. Still, it brings in the tourists ;) (I don't think that was its original purpose though)
I first visited Stonehenge in 1984, I parked on the side of the road, it was wide open and we just wandered among the stones with no restrictions. It was a quiet place. We were back there in 2009, there is now a large bus parking lot and they won't let you get close. It was disappointing.
gl

Disappointing is an understatement. Every time I visit the place the rain is coming in sideways, as it does on Salisbury plain, the British Armys main training area. They're planning to put a visitor centre 'nearby', about a mile and half away! A fair old yomp for the tourists. Avesbury is much more friendly and impressive, so is the pub.
This must be the place

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »

The said same problem occured in 1982 when Black Sabbath (with Ian Gillan) ordered a stonehenge type set which was too big for any stages for the supporting tour.

"The Stonhenge Connection--Black Sabbath and Spinal Tap."   8)

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 03:34:11 AM »

Saw that lineup at Reading Festivel 83 when Sabbath did Smoke on the Water as an encore - that did not go down very well at all  :D

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »

Stonehenge is just one part of a very large and complex collection of relegious and habital pre historic sites including Stone and wood henge, Avebury (fantastic place to visit if your over in the UK) and many other archeological sites.

Going back to Garys visit, they had to change the access to stonehenge in the early 80's after damage caused by a number of free festivels were held there (you've got to have seen a most excentric English Band called The Enid playing as the sun come up on the longest day)

Chris Austin

• T2
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »

I've been past Stonehenge many-a-time going on vacation and to my brother-in-law's place in Yeovil, but have never stopped.
Nearly rented a cottage inside the Avebury ring one year, but they didn't have a vacancy for the weeks we wanted.

You have to love a de-rail!  ;D
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »

A.E. and F.N. did not land at Gardner, but at STONEHENGE, or did I understand something wrong?  :o
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »

Women and sheep? I just like to cook them (sheep that is!!!!)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

Videos from the press conference available on the TIGHAR YouTube Channel.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »

Marty
Is the link to TIGHAR's youtube in some place  other than this thread?  Like in the Ameliapedia?

My Bad, but I always forget where some important links are when they are in a thread.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

I'm happy to go along with any reasonable and sensible explanation for all this junk but, as yet, I haven't heard one.
On the positive side though Nessie has been confirmed by the 'experts' as being from an aircraft, where's the rest of it?
All of the above is of course IMHO

Pretty much stated this in the ROV topic, but again, I spent a few years diving coral reefs, Andrew has also seen those coral reefs.  It is amazing how many right angles, perfect circles, and geometric shapes, you see in those areas that are completely natural.  You all spent countless hours going frame by frame on the ROV video and for that I commend you, but other then the wire I saw nothing that stuck out in my mind as anything that is not natural in a coral reef environment.  If there was a portion of the object showing through in its true form (i.e., some of the metal) I would give it to you, but I didn't see anything unusual that I had not seen dozens of times before on other coral reefs.  Some of the original material would not have been completely covered and showed through just like the cable.

LTM,

Don

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »

Is the link to TIGHAR's youtube in some place  other than this thread?  Like in the Ameliapedia?

OK, I've added it to the "Media" category on the wiki. 

Hope that helps.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »

"Pretty much stated this in the ROV topic, but again, I spent a few years diving coral reefs, Andrew has also seen those coral reefs.  It is amazing how many right angles, perfect circles, and geometric shapes, you see in those areas that are completely natural.  You all spent countless hours going frame by frame on the ROV video and for that I commend you, but other then the wire I saw nothing that stuck out in my mind as anything that is not natural in a coral reef environment.  If there was a portion of the object showing through in its true form (i.e., some of the metal) I would give it to you, but I didn't see anything unusual that I had not seen dozens of times before on other coral reefs.  Some of the original material would not have been completely covered and showed through just like the cable."

Let's hope not Don otherwise this could be the most expensive wild goose chase in history. Time will tell and, if it's not AE's Electra it would be interesting to see what and whose it is. I have the ROV videos on file and, 100+ stills, they can be deleted if it turns out to be coral no problem. Where to search after that scenario though, that would be the next question, any ideas?
This must be the place

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

Marty
Thank you.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Deen.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org