Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Press Conference at State Department, 20 March 2012  (Read 97249 times)

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
Re: Press Conference at State Department, 20 March 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »

Well said Tom! 
This is Ric and Tighar's deal for sure...not to be denied. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »

And I am laughing to myself ... no, heck, I'm laughing out loud!

Not at TIGHAR, this is a fantastic coup and I think it could really be the "tipping point," as it were, that finally gives us that "any idiot artifact" that all the detractors keep demanding.

I'm laughing at a couple of the comments in the Wall Street Journal article ... he's in there ... yep, our buddy H.A.C. Van Asten makes a rather lengthy appearance. He just can't let it go ...

LTM, who doesn't have any letting go "issues,"

Monty Fowler,
TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »

Marty do u know if any of the rov video still's have been used in any evidence provided ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »

Marty do u know if any of the rov video still's have been used in any evidence provided ?

No, I don't know.

The information on the website and in the Forum is available to the public.

Some folks from the State Department or other government agencies may have browsed here--or they may not have.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Andreas Badertscher

• T1
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »

:) congratulations! Excellent news! I have just signed up as a member. I am glad to contribute!

Lisa Anne Hill

• T1
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »

Richie I was wondering the same thing today. I am amazed at some of the things you posted, great work. Thanks! 8)

Bessel P Sybesma

• T1
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »

Congratulations to Tighar for this high level recognition of all the outstanding work done over the last couple of decades!

Just watched the press conference, and have a couple of questions:

As I understand it from what was said, Ballard's involvement was and is limited to acting as independant verifier of the Nikumaroro Hypothesis on behalf of the State Department, and he will not be involved in the actual expedition - is this correct?

Secondly, Ballard mentioned that the State Department photo analysts identified 'Nessie' as possibly being the undercarriage of a 1937 Lockheed Electra on the basis of a blind study.  How blind was this exactly?  Were they given the photo with the simple question of identifying the object, or were they asked to give their opinion on whether or not the object was consistent with the undercarriage of an Electra?

In any case, I am looking forward to seeing the results of the coming expedition, and hoping (as many here are, I wager) that we will be able to follow some of the progress through this forum as it happens!

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »

Bessel,

Bob Ballard said he'd be in the Black Sea during the Niku expedition.  He's been there before looking at wrecks and evidence of the biblical flood (Noah)

As for your other question i'd like to know how they approached the identification aspect of the photo.

Bessel P Sybesma

• T1
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »

Bessel,

Bob Ballard said he'd be in the Black Sea during the Niku expedition.  He's been there before looking at wrecks and evidence of the biblical flood (Noah)

As for your other question i'd like to know how they approached the identification aspect of the photo.

True, he did say that, but it would appear that he is also not providing any technological or logistical support from his (probably) huge support organisation - leaving it all in the capable hands of Tighar!

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 05:23:22 AM »

Jeff--very well said. As for the other question on whether Ballards team would provide more direct support or more of a consulting gig---I look at it like this. I'll bet that when images of the electra start showing up in video from the submirsibles, Bob Ballard will be close by. If there is another, more experienced, deep-dive explorer on the planet, let me know. The fat that Ric was able to put this incredible package together is mind blowing. You would think that only some one sitting in an oval office could make this happen. Gee Ric---naa bad idea--keep seaching for Amelia.
Hopefully many more details will be availible in DC at the symposium.
I'll guess that Ric didnt get much sleep last nite!!!!
Great job my friend-
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Friend Weller

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »

I've been out of town but not out of touch about these latest developments.  I was finally able to watch the press conference last night and what an incredible event it was!  Kudos to all who have supported the search (and continue to do so) and especially to Ric, Pat and other key Tighars for their perseverance.  Coworkers and friends of mine have commented on this latest turn of events; maybe now some have a greater insight into why we are so intrigued by the mystery and the science behind our quest.  Congrats all the way around, especially to Ric, et al, for their tireless efforts!
Friend
TIGHAR 3086V

Gus Rubio

• T2
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »

What a thrilling development!  Congratulations to the TIGHAR team responsible.  I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that we are on the brink of the resolution of a decades-long mystery and closure for AE's and FN's family and friends, not to mention a nation and the world. 

My wife got a big promotion at work, and once her new paychecks start rolling in, I'm sending in my membership to TIGHAR.  It's amazing to be even aware of the people pushing this search through to its inevitable conclusion, To be a member of the organization will be even moreso.  Can't wait.

Joy Diane Forster

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »

Re: Jeff Neville's discussion of the conference transcipts -- the transcripts I found must have just been part of the conference.  Would you please post links to the ones you read?

Also, it would sure be interesting to see a Research Bulletin about the Photek/State Department analysis.  That might help tide me over until the real search begins.......................
TIGHAR Member #4239

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »

I don't know about transcripts, but you can watch the whole thing by going to video.state.gov http://video.state.gov/ and looking for Earhart. 

Right now it is still one of the top videos shown on the landing page, but you can search by name as well.

Andrew

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »

Way to go Ric. Good hunting!!!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org