Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set e-mail notification for replies to your posts  (Read 12608 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
How to set e-mail notification for replies to your posts
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »

Log into the news area and the forum, then click on the profile tab in the Forum.

Click on the "Notifications and Email" link.

Choose how you want to be notified (if at all), then save the settings.

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Craig Fuller

• TIGHAR member
Re: How to set e-mail notification for replies to your posts
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

The post that prompted Marty's reply:

<<no way for me to be automatically notified that someone has posted something to the Forum to which I might want to respond>>

Actually there is a way to be notified, but you have to do it for each board, i.e. if you wanted ALL of the Amelia Earhart Search Forum, you would have to do it for:

1)     General discussion
2)     Join the search
3)     Celestial choir
4)     Aircraft & Powerplant
5)     Artifact Analysis

And if you wanted to be kept informed with the Maid, the TBD, and Historic Aircraft Recovery and Preservation, you have to subscribe to all 4 of their subfolders (2 in the TBD and 1 each in the others). A pain to have to do them all separately, but you only have to do it once. To do this go to each board (Ex: https://tighar.org/smf/index.php/board,2.0.html NOT https://tighar.org/smf/index.php ) and in the upper right of each message list there is a NOTIFY tab you can click that turns off an on your notifications.

And each time a new board is created, say one gets created on the Loon Lake B-23, then you will have to subscribe to that if you wish to receive notices.

Also if this is like most forums, you are only sent one notification when someone post something new, and are not notified of any other new posts until you visit the forum. Upon revisiting you will then be sent a notice the next time a new post is made. Thus if you receive a notice of a new post and do not check for several days, there might actually be a number of new posts when you visit rather than just the one.

I am probably doing a better job of confusing than explaining so I will stop for now!
Craig Fuller
AAIR

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: How to set e-mail notification for replies to your posts
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »

Thanks for the helpful information, Craig!

Much appreciated.

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org