Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283180 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »

if u right click an save, an open in paint or windows an zoom in, its cables running too 1 spot, an sum are broke its like a wireing harness like u have in car behind dash  bunch of snapped cables an sum that are not because i actully thought it cud be the black rope stuff u have on a dinghy that runs round top but it is actully wires

also if u study images of wire further up vid, what looks like rope is actully a kind of conduit wat u put cables thru in sum places u can see were conduit has wore away an revels thin wire   
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #676 on: February 03, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

if u right click an save, an open in paint or windows an zoom in, its cables running too 1 spot, an sum are broke its like a wireing harness like u have in car behind dash  bunch of snapped cables an sum that are not because i actully thought it cud be the black rope stuff u have on a dinghy that runs round top but it is actully wires

also if u study images of wire further up vid, what looks like rope is actully a kind of conduit wat u put cables thru in sum places u can see were conduit has wore away an revels thin wire
The one I am trying to examine is pic 3. It looks similar to this
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #677 on: February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

oh sorry will try get a close up for ye  :)

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #678 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »

Richie and Jeff----
on the still that you named poss+windows----at 13:43:44:14--
to the left of the red out line, at 270* there is what appears to be a wire with a shadow. ther is a circular shape, like maybe a starter, or a generator--
Can you check that out?
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:27:52 PM by Tom Swearengen »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #679 on: February 03, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »

sorry jeff camera dont go close enough, but judgeing by what i can make out in minibridge, they appear to be bolted... through were loop starts an finishes  :(

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »

tom it appears to be a mechanical object as 1 wire goes in an 1 out on opp side 

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:39 PM »

and at 13:43:41:23, look just under the 13, under what looks like a round tube. Appears to be something louvered, of finned, like an oil cooler?

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #682 on: February 03, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

Richie--
"winder" looks like a generator----the aft section. The bearing housing with the cooling holes. Cant see what the is on top of it, and dont know if they would have mounted the regulators on top (doubt it). But certainly does look like an electric motor of some kind.
(now that I figured out how to outline and post pics, maybe I can be of more help)
Tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #683 on: February 03, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

I'm getting there Richie. Something doesn't sit right with this end of the cable. It runs through an alloy duct or an outer skin/inner skin, Red lines. The blue arrow points to something that holds it in place. The end is looped, white circle. Whatever this cable is it's attached to the wreckage. You found something similar Richie on the other side of the fork in the cable. That appeared to be attached to an object very similar to this one.
I think I have worked out why the cable appears to be the thickness of rope in this section, I can't find 1 frame where the ROV isn't in full flight while pointed at the cable therefore giving it a blurred appearance IMHO
I'll try some different imaging software that can compensate a bit better for motion sickness.
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #684 on: February 03, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »

i am not into planes an stuff that fly in air  :o so i just highlight stuff i know like windows, doors, engine props, wheel struts, tail parts, etc or i cud prob post some damning evidence,  as too wat were looking at, so go off what u guys reply really to get idea of what to look for...

things don't disappear, an when i seen finding Amelia on discovery, i decided to have a nose at story which brought me ere to Tighar, up till then i thought it had well been solved even the film "night at the museum" didn't flick the switch till i seen documentry

:)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #685 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

here is a close up off earlier part ov video but same cable an it has conduit round it notice there is black line running thru it...

i think it may be earth strap as it seems to break off in places 

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #686 on: February 03, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

another american project am involved in, is of notes found on deceased person who was murderd,  an he had paper in pocket in code an fbi have asked for help see pic's below

it is no gain to me wether these are solved or not i just like to help others out

Member# 416

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:29:11 PM by richie conroy »

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #687 on: February 03, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »

Tom,   I don't think the object you pointed out in the poss window still is a generator or anything like that. IMHO it is too far from where I would expect engine parts to be but right where I would think to look for a guage out of the overhead instrument panel. In fact, having disassembled any number of old project cars, it reminds me very much of the backside of a speedometer with the protruding part in the center where the driven cable would go and the wires for the lights to illuminate the dial side and/or warning lights. What guages were in the overhead panel and which, if any, were cable actuated. I think that is what this object is, IMHO. LTM-  John

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #688 on: February 03, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

Tom,   Not sure if the fins would be an oil cooler. Again, seems too far from where I would expect engine parts. How about louvers on a fresh air system to keep bugs and whatnot from blowing into the cockpit? My 1956 Ford has air intakes behind the grill that could swallow a small turkey that feed fresh air to the heater blower and cabin vents. The intakes are covered with wire mesh from the factory. Does anyone know what type of fresh air system the electra had, other than opening the side windows or roof hatch? I do agree that they definately look like aluminum louvers. What they are for is the question.  LTM-  John

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #689 on: February 03, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »

remember the fact, it takes over 3 mins for the rover to get top to bottom ov video, an the rov is at same distance from reef bed, most of time, yet it takes rover at least 30 seconds from orignal postion to thump on to ground so gives u idea of scale only for cable straps i would still be thinking i was seeing rope, an thats even after at least 600 still pics an say 5 hours ov re runs of video

:)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org