Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282489 times)

James G. Stoveken

• T2
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »

Richie, Jeff H.,

Could you clear something up for me?  On page 34 of this thread, post 501, Richie posted a picture that he said showed the cockpit and nose areas and also an engine and prop.  This picture was one of the few that I could actually make out what I was supposed to be seeing.  I got a little excited!  There was a bit of discussion around this then nothing more.  Now you're saying you see the cockpit under the antenna loop.  I'm not so sure I see that one.  These stills are from two different areas.  So are you now thinking the first picture isn't the cockpit and engine/prop? 

Jim
Jim Stoveken

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »

i can clear it up for u the picture i posted i think is the electra roof an cockpit an left wing with prop

but where the latest pictures show the cockpit at deepest depth then it means that the plane has been snapped up an shuffled about like dices so like the forum post suggests we have to figure out which is right an wrong...

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »

and that's if there is anything to decide!!!!!!! believe me av looked at this video that much i can make out dinosaur bones more than Electra wreckage   ;D ;D

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »

anyone who wants to work out, what were looking at then imagine Ur looking at an optical illusion that takes u weeks to work out,

well that's what this is like, u have to rotate the pic's, flip them, invert them, just too get an idea off what ur looking at..

and then when they start to make sense, u can start to enjoy the pictures   

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

Richie---I cant speak for everyone, but I certainly appreciate your patience. No way I could do what you are doing. I'd go nuts---some think I already have. Keep it up---crazy is a great place to be!
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

This odd shaped object has been puzzling me for weeks now, outlined in blue. The shape of it looks as if it could be part of the fuselage structure/bulkhead/frame but it doesn't have the appearance of being strong and light, too much metal not enough air. The appearance is rough, lots of holes and bits sticking out of it, not smooth flat metal.
Now, if the cockpit 'coral outcrop' is in fact the cockpit then the odd shaped object falls into place. The roof of the cockpit is collapsing due to the missing window pillars now so the odd shaped object would be pushed out. The things sticking out of the odd shaped object, well one of them, looks like the back of a dial/gauge/meter. Is this the back of an instrument panel? It would be in the right place of the aeroplane.
This must be the place

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #621 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

Richie, Jeff Victor
You guys are doing us an immense service, thanks.  I really appreciate your hard work.
I assume that you are stopping the video at some preset frequency (say every second) and filing a snapshot at that time.  Then you examine the shot carefully looking for man made items of aircraft origin.

Based on what you have shown us, I am of the opinion that there is an airplane down there, it is a twin engined plane with a passenger door on the rear port,  has a hatch over the windscreen and an RDF loop antenna on top.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #622 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »

Richie, Jeff Victor
You guys are doing us an immense service, thanks.  I really appreciate your hard work.
I assume that you are stopping the video at some preset frequency (say every second) and filing a snapshot at that time.  Then you examine the shot carefully looking for man made items of aircraft origin.

Based on what you have shown us, I am of the opinion that there is an airplane down there, it is a twin engined plane with a passenger door on the rear port,  has a hatch over the windscreen and an RDF loop antenna on top.
It's an aeroplane for sure, or what's left of one. Manufacturer? unknown, model? unknown so there's still a mountain to climb Harry. Just because there's aeroplane wreckage doesn't make it an Electra, ww2 was pretty big in the Pacific theatre with thousands of planes (although I haven't seen anything that screams military yet, recon plane? transport plane? rescue plane? who knows...)
 Yes going through each part of video one second at a time and take snap shot of suspicious bits. Bit like a jigsaw puzzle without the picture on the lid of the box. Still, I think we have found some of the edges and corner pieces and, started to piece together tiny bits of the picture. A pattern is beginning to emerge though harry. When a part is 'identified' then it narrows down the search area for the bit that it should be attached to or be next to or near to ...(sometimes) Going back to stuff you looked at a thousand times before helps as well.
Scale is a big issue down there, we have no idea of the gradient or distance between for example the rope/wire/cable focus shot and the object lying on the coral in the background of the shot, 1 metre? 10 metres? 20 metres? who knows...
Whatever plane it is it's taken a hammering, it's not a ditch into the sea in one piece and sink wreck, this has been torn to bits over the years.
All said IMHO
Jeff
This must be the place

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »

Richies coral direction finder revisited
Red; it's metal with a nice concentric row of holes that hold the bit with the red cross to it
Blue; the PFM box that goes with the direction finder
Yellow; A possible home for the circular bit of wire now? See later post re: circle of wire (There's a bit of wire from the cable harness but out of this shot)
Green; the bit that has broken off therefore making us assume it was a coral outcrop because it wasn't complete
The circle of wire is next to Richies RDF 'coral outcrop'

The 'stuff' lying on the reef floor really caps the context - the 'wire' loop is suggestive enough, now I understand the 'fit' you've been seeing to the 'covering' (coral - encrusted sho' nuff?) - but that looks like broken shielding lying on the seafloor beneath this mess.  Your 'black stuff' here an there makes more sense - possible debris from break-up of detailed parts, like a 'loop'.  Then there's the cable...  Damn-a-mighty.

LTM -
Has anybody asked themselves why the piece of wire is so easily identified while all the other stuff takes a very good imagination?

gl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:06:12 AM by Gary LaPook »

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:28 AM »

Jeff/Richie,  I don't want to ask more of you when it is obvoius how much time and effort you have been putting into this. I know how much time I have spent looking at and thinking about your posts and pictures. My problem with following along now is that there are so many pictures spread throughout the posts that it is hard to find a specific one when you want to go back and look at something again. Would it be possible to create a separate page/thread just for photos? I am thinking either with a link to take you to it, or probably even easier, something that could simply be opened in another window and the forum user could just click from one to the other as needed. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. Maybe grouping the photos by suspected area of the "plane". I think having all stills posted there as well as in this thread would help everyone to see the big picture a little clearer. Just a thought.  LTM  -John

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #625 on: February 02, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »

Jeff/Richie,  I don't want to ask more of you when it is obvoius how much time and effort you have been putting into this. I know how much time I have spent looking at and thinking about your posts and pictures. My problem with following along now is that there are so many pictures spread throughout the posts that it is hard to find a specific one when you want to go back and look at something again. Would it be possible to create a separate page/thread just for photos? I am thinking either with a link to take you to it, or probably even easier, something that could simply be opened in another window and the forum user could just click from one to the other as needed. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. Maybe grouping the photos by suspected area of the "plane". I think having all stills posted there as well as in this thread would help everyone to see the big picture a little clearer. Just a thought.  LTM  -John

Yes, good point John. When we get the all clear 'it's aircraft wreckage' from a reputable Aeronautics Agency a new thread would be a brilliant idea. Until then though I think it's wise to carry on investigating what we can on a 'possibly' basis. A thread with the best? pictures, great idea.
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #626 on: February 02, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

Some more pics of the RDF antenna 'coral outcrop' Notice the straight lines/oblong shape in the first and the thin circular shape with holes in the second. In the third notice the warning message on the RDF antenna, no it won't harm you but, the maintenance guys love to have something to grab onto when working on planes, it stops them falling off of them. The RDF antenna is fragile, you will break it if you use it as a climbing aid. Now, how's it going to stand up to a prolonged pounding on a reef?
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:07 AM »

Could this be the part (bluue outline) that held the RDF antenna and in which the wire went through the fuselage roof into the cockpit? It has a wire attached to it (red lines). I'll try to get better pics on the 'new' bit of wire.
This must be the place

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »

< AH - I finally spotted your comment above so I came back - somehow it got embedded in the quoted stuff.  YES - it IS odd, and you are RIGHT about that contrast.  I can think of some possible reasons, but I am wondering about your OWN thoughts on that, you must be ahead of me on it. >

LTM -
I went back and realized that I screwed up that posting and didn't put my comment at the very bottom. I still have trouble pairing up the "quote" with the "/quote" symbols. To make it clear, here it is again:

"Has anybody asked themselves why the piece of wire is so easily identified while all the other stuff takes a very good imagination?"

gl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:12:45 AM by Gary LaPook »

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »

Have the official analysts weighed in of this video – what’s their take on this stuff?  I just joined last week (fyi this thread compelled me to stop lurking and join!) so I haven't been able to see any recent TIGHAR tracks. 
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org