Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283582 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2012, 04:26:59 AM »

And another. These are from the ROV video near the start so, even further up the reef slope, just after the wire loop.

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:29 AM »

I would like to mention how difficult it is to visualise this stuff in a live situation, as in the case of the ROV operator. It's easy in hindsight to see all this stuff but when you are trying to control an ROV in difficult conditions and, home in and focus on things it's a different ball game. So I would just like to say what a good job they did being in the right place (fingers crossed) and getting some incredible footage. I just hope it helps that people have taken the time and trouble to use this valuable footage to advance the project further. The more people trying to make sense of this junk the better. good work guys, very good.

Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »

Well said Jeff. WE know they were lokking for something, anything. It all seems to run together down there. It's not like, oh wow, theres the Titanic. Nope the 'parts' are all pretty small, and covered up. I forgot that this region of the pacific has little things like storms, earthquakes, tsumanis,  that reak havic on not only the island, but the corresponding subsurface as well. And----notice the ROV hasnt picked up any large portions of the Norwich City. From the flight video that Ric took, we kno wtha large steel portions of the ship have been moved great distances on the shoreline. I would think the same thing has happened underwater. And---we arent sure where the bottom is.
I think on the next ROV pass, we will find not only the bottom, but parts of the NC, and the Electra.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2012, 05:45:27 AM »

Well said Jeff. WE know they were lokking for something, anything. It all seems to run together down there. It's not like, oh wow, theres the Titanic. Nope the 'parts' are all pretty small, and covered up. I forgot that this region of the pacific has little things like storms, earthquakes, tsumanis,  that reak havic on not only the island, but the corresponding subsurface as well. And----notice the ROV hasnt picked up any large portions of the Norwich City. From the flight video that Ric took, we kno wtha large steel portions of the ship have been moved great distances on the shoreline. I would think the same thing has happened underwater. And---we arent sure where the bottom is.
I think on the next ROV pass, we will find not only the bottom, but parts of the NC, and the Electra.
Tom

Well said Tom. I don't think there is much chance of finding big chunks of wreckage, just little bits and pieces, engines would be the likeliest survivors but, being the heaviest they would take some stopping from tumbling down to the reef bottom. The conditions around the reef made short work of the SS Norwich City and that was made from substantial chunks of metal designed for the sea.
Jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:28 AM »

Might have found the tail wheel assembly. Has anyone got any pics of it?

Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13:47 AM »

yep there are alot of them . I'm not reall good at this---but this should give you a better idea.
Tom

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:57 AM »

oops --wrong pics--

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2012, 06:42:41 AM »

oops --wrong pics--

Right, thank's Tom. I will need more photos and if possible some schematics as I think it was quite a bit of an assembly. Richie, can you help? you seem to be able to get stuff from God knows where.

Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2012, 06:53:24 AM »

Ric probably has them in the harney drawings, or in the original Electra blueprints.
Tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

Ric probably has them in the harney drawings, or in the original Electra blueprints.
Tom

Brilliant idea Tom, the Harney drawings. I'll download them. It's diificult to make out as it's stuck in a hole, cavity, crevasse, whatever in the reef and, as usual it's not sitting at a friendly angle but, there are shapes, angles, holes and various appendages that I could match given a decent set of drawings. Good work Tom, thanks.
Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

No Jeff---you are doing good work----I'm just sitting here!
Tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »

Tom

No, we're all in this together, it's a joint effort. There are avenues of exploration and research going on all over this forum, navigation, artifacts etc...
Now I'm useless at navigation so I leave that section to the experts like Gary and Heath. As for digging up photos, drawings and documents Richie seems to come up trumps. He reminds me of the character James Garner played in the film The Great Escape, 'the scrounger' could come up with anything and everything :)
Every little thing makes a difference.

Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »

Yep---we are

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »

Tom

No, we're all in this together, it's a joint effort. There are avenues of exploration and research going on all over this forum, navigation, artifacts etc...
Now I'm useless at navigation so I leave that section to the experts like Gary and Heath. As for digging up photos, drawings and documents Richie seems to come up trumps. He reminds me of the character James Garner played in the film The Great Escape, 'the scrounger' could come up with anything and everything :)
Every little thing makes a difference.

Jeff

Its the Scouse in him  ;) ;D

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »

hey guys just logged on give me half hour an will have u sum pics  ;D
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org