Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282506 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »

Here's the other one

looks as though it could quite possibly be a couple of man made objects, one circular in shape and the other appears to be able to come apart in two bits and has two holes that might have once held something in place. Could of course be a freak coral formation but, it's doing a good impression of human manufacturing.
This must be the place

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:38:35 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »

Jeff---look at the resolution at the fork---the dark area at the fork----a tire deflated? Is it me or wishful thinking?
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

Jeff---look at the resolution at the fork---the dark area at the fork----a tire deflated? Is it me or wishful thinking?
Tom

I thought along the same lines Tom when I posted the first pictures of the anomaly. When fiddling around with the enhancing of the first anomaly image I couldn't quite get the dark bit in the middle to leap out. I'll go back and see if I can get a better still.
Any how, if you want a tyre (tire?) or wheel to look at there's something in the latest picture that might just tick all the boxes. A nice circle with something probably engineered attached to or lying on top of it which is a shame as it obscures the completeness of the circle. Unless of course it's part of the same assembly?
Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »

Jeff---I've been known to be crazy before---just ask some on this forum---but it certainly looks man made to me. The dark spot isnt consistant with anything else there. With the numbers at the top left of the screen, you have the 'fork target' with the 'black squiggley'. To the left you have what looks like a coral boulder sitting on 'something'. Tha t 'something' has a coral color to it, but maybe just sand and coral dust from the ROV. Now I dont want to make conjecture here, but it looks like an inviting target.
Tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »

Here's another strange anomaly. It appears to be very thin, it is totally different to the coral surrounding it, it appears to be sitting on the coral, it is a different colour, it's shiny when the ROV lights hit it, it has a curved surface and some torn edges.

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »

Here's the other
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:33 AM »

Jeff---I've been known to be crazy before---just ask some on this forum---but it certainly looks man made to me. The dark spot isnt consistant with anything else there. With the numbers at the top left of the screen, you have the 'fork target' with the 'black squiggley'. To the left you have what looks like a coral boulder sitting on 'something'. Tha t 'something' has a coral color to it, but maybe just sand and coral dust from the ROV. Now I dont want to make conjecture here, but it looks like an inviting target.
Tom
I know the feeling Tom, I just feel frustrated that I simply can't hoover all that crap away and see just what is there as opposed to having to second guess what's underneath all that crap. Still, what do we expect, it's been a long time to say the least.
Jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 11:22:29 AM »

Just to summarise all the strange anomolies on the reef shelf into one image.

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »

To view the images in different sizes you can save them and fiddle around in your image editors or, simply click on view in your browser menu bar at the top of the screen and select zoom 50%, Remember to reset it back to 100% when finished viewing.
Jeff
This must be the place

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:48:15 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »

Jeff---zzom in on the center target, and the top left----really interested in the top left
Tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »

It's a strange world thinking outside the box, boxes are for keeping things in, when you open them up, well...
jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »

Jeff---zzom in on the center target, and the top left----really interested in the top left
Tom
Tom it's a man made object but I have no idea what it is. It pays to look at things from different perspectives, remember we're 180 degrees inversed on this still. Seems to be about 4 or 5 different anomalies on this reef shelf so far. look at the alloy shape, see the curvature on the edge nearest to the two pronged anomoly? it seems to have a pattern on the edge as well. Lots of mysteries to solve here!
Images best viewed at 50% zoom on your browser.
Jeff
This must be the place

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »

I've been resisting posting on this serious post but anyone else see the pigs head in the top left quadrent.

Sorry  :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:50:17 AM by Chris Johnson »

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »

I've been resisting posting on this serious post but anyone else see the pigs head in the top left quadrent.

Yes I can, well done Chris, minus its right ear?
Jeff :)
This must be the place

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:55:27 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »

That's a 'pig's eye', Chris...  ;D

Point is well made we could be seeing all kinds of stuff in this jumble...
But this IS a most interesting picture.  Maybe a rich one for re-visit, time may tell.

LTM -

Wish I could claim that that was what I was aiming at but i'll take the plaudits  ;D

I first saw a scull within the pigs head, crossed my eyes and hay presto 'the lord of the flies' jumped out and stuck in my own head.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org