Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283185 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1320 on: July 05, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »

Gregory
When they get the kit down to the reef there will be ample opportunity to sort out Norwich City wreckage from 'other'.
Sea going vessels are constructed with a totally different set of needs taken into consideration compared to aircraft.
A ship needs to be strong enough to defeat the worst that oceans and sea's can throw at it, weight isn't an issue as can be seen with some of the super tankers and cruise ships around these days.
A plane also needs to be strong but, weight is an issue, lightweight materials and construction methods are paramount.
To summarise. If you made a plane using ship construction materials and methods it would remain on the ground. If you made a super tanker using aircraft construction materials and methods, it wouldn't make it out of the shipyard.
It will be easy to sort aircraft from ship debris. Hopefully that is exactly what they end up doing.
This must be the place

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:10:46 PM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1321 on: July 06, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »

these any good for ye jeff

Good work Richie. I need to see the inside of nose cone with hinge assembly similar to the photos I posted but without the dufuss stood in front of it.

Jeff

it's only took 7 month's to get clear images of Amelia's Electra nose cone so here they are
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1322 on: July 06, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »

Jeff

Look at the coral image

Bottom left arrow do you see the similar screw or rivets holes ? to object in Electra cockpit image

Member# 416

John Balderston

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #1323 on: July 06, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »

John
What happened to the image you posted? It was interesting. It looked like the same formation Richie posted but at a different angle or different lighting and it looked a little more like a tail wheel.
Can we see the two images together?
Greg, I'm putting the still image back up, but passing on what I believe this is.  I'm standing by for Niku VII team to explain what they've found.  I will offer opinions regarding interpretation of this image: 1) the configuration in the foreground is proportionate and recognizable, 2) the round object is neither a tailwheel or a pulley.  Cheers, John
John Balderston TIGHAR #3451R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1324 on: July 06, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »

this image shows the wheel object in more detail

i suspect scale wise it's shopping trolley size ?  :)

this time next week we should know either way  ;D

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1325 on: July 06, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »

these any good for ye jeff

Good work Richie. I need to see the inside of nose cone with hinge assembly similar to the photos I posted but without the dufuss stood in front of it.

Jeff

it's only took 7 month's to get clear images of Amelia's Electra nose cone so here they are

Great pictures Richie. I think this is the first time we have been able to see what was actually inside the nose cone. The horizonal cylinders mounted on the bulkhead appear to be part of the vacuum operated autopilot system. The rear of the autopilot mount appears to be right above the cylinders and attached to them by some type of tubing.

See picture below of the autopilot mount.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #1326 on: July 07, 2012, 01:56:53 AM »

No that is spookerly round and dare I say almost man made!

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #1327 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:35 AM »

No that is spookerly round and dare I say almost man made!

So are these and not man made -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #1328 on: July 07, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

No and neither are many of natures wonders, its just that appart from the piggy thats the most defined item i've seen except the 'squigle' and the rope/wire.

Role on the 11th  ;D

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #1329 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »

Dr M,

not that I think your for one moment suggesting that this is the shell of one of those wee beasties but once the inside has decayed you would have less of a round shape.

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #1330 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:15 AM »

Dr M,

not that I think your for one moment suggesting that this is the shell of one of those wee beasties but once the inside has decayed you would have less of a round shape.

Right, Chris.  I'm very sure that "not for one moment" is Malcolm suggesting that the round object in the video is a Nautilus shell.  Rather, much as I did when I made a post in this thread about Table Mountain (which rises up behind Cape Town, South Africa), I'm sure Malcolm is simply providing a good example for advising caution in the use of our imagination -- that in nature there are objects that take on many of the familiar geometric shapes, like discs and straight lines and spheres (sea urchins).  (Though I have not yet seen any coral that looks like "duckies" or "horses".  ;) )
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #1331 on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »

I know and i'm not a "jump at the coral shadows person" but this is rounder than a round thing and i'm sure Dr M and everyone knows that i'm not suggesting the remains of a beastie.

Oink Oink  ;)

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #1332 on: July 07, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »

Dr M,

Actually the shell is quite durable - they turn up regularly out here.

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #1333 on: July 08, 2012, 04:03:35 AM »

Dr M,

Actually the shell is quite durable - they turn up regularly out here.

In which case it would be good to see a photo example if you have one for comparisson reasons.  Off out shortly but may try and google one later.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1334 on: July 08, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »

Malcolm has made a good point which I pointed out earlier in the thread. Where's the flora and fauna?
I have noted half a broken clam shell, not sure how it was opened, east or west coast method ;)
But nothing else.
Maybe the ROV scared off the fish and the skeletal remains of crustaceans, who knows?
This must be the place

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org