Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282759 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1065 on: April 21, 2012, 05:52:43 AM »

i maybe going crazy  :-X but does anyone else think the object circled could be a dial of some sort

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1066 on: April 21, 2012, 11:18:21 AM »

Jeff

could it be possible, what i have marked off in rover image, is what i have marked off in the Electra cabin

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1067 on: April 21, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »

JVH,
I weighed in on this back in January and again in late March.  It still looks like a headset to me.

Yes, I recall you did Dan. IMHO it does look like like the skeletal remains of a headset but again, it's down to scale. I think the best we can say is that it isn't coral. It is man-made, that's for sure. There's a lot of stuff down there that is difficult to get any detail and clear images of but, this image is pretty clean. Doesn't mean it's from an Electra though. We shall see...
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1068 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

Could very well be Richie. Again, in the lower picture, the 'black mark' in the foreground isn't a 'black mark'. It's a tear in aluminium alloy, the black appearance is created by looking through the tear into the darkness beneath the aluminium alloy. Look at the edges of the 'black mark', thin, regular shaped, aluminium colour. There are a couple more 'black marks' like this one in the area and, I'll put up some pics later to show the similarities.
If they aren't what I theorise then, any one got any ideas as to what they are? :-\
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1069 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »

Jeff have u noticed when,

u survey the area round nessie there is a silver shadow have a look in the box i have highlighted an then the original ?

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1070 on: April 21, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »

Could very well be Richie. Again, in the lower picture, the 'black mark' in the foreground isn't a 'black mark'. It's a tear in aluminium alloy, the black appearance is created by looking through the tear into the darkness beneath the aluminium alloy. Look at the edges of the 'black mark', thin, regular shaped, aluminium colour. There are a couple more 'black marks' like this one in the area and, I'll put up some pics later to show the similarities.
If they aren't what I theorise then, any one got any ideas as to what they are? :-\

i thought that black mark was a oil, poss from a cylinder breaking open recently ?

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1071 on: April 21, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »

look at this shape as well that's silvery ?

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1072 on: April 21, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »

The shape of the 'black mark' is too 'engineered' to be an oil spill Richie. The general appearance is of a 'corrugated' sheet of aluminium. There are similar ones around this area. I don't think oil would stick around for too long given the currents and tides around the reef.
This must be the place

Heath Smith

• T4
« Reply #1073 on: April 21, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »

Richie,

Do you know the physical size of the Nessie print? 4x6, 8x11?

Thanks.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1074 on: April 21, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »

according to the properties of photo

width 1000 pixels

height 561

resolution  72 Dpi

hope this helps

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1075 on: April 21, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »

Jeff

u may be able to get some good still's from this video ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNHofFglMho&feature=related

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1076 on: April 21, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »

Hey Richie---as much as I hate to admit it, the last pic is difficult for me to interpret. I think, for me at least, I'm going to let the new expedition determine what is down there. You have worked wonders, but actually being on site is probably better than doing the work from UK. I'm SURE ( :o) we'll get to see those images. And I'll bet that if once on site and they need some things to look for, they will send an all hands message asking for help. You should be very proud of your work---and your new wife should be proud too.
Tom

Tighar

only need to look in shadows of last rover dive to find what we seek,

i think there is sparse things to raise to put on exhibit, but what they do will be worth going to see  ;D

Member# 416

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #1077 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

In all of the 79 pages of this thread, apart from one piece of what appears to be a wire cable which could have come from anything in the last century, all I see is amorphous lumps of coral. It might help speculation if at the very least there was a scale in the images because without that essential tool everything is nothing more than imaginative guess work.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1078 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:53 PM »

is it poss on 11:19 mins on video, it could be gardner an norwich city wreck on reef ?

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1079 on: April 21, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »

In all of the 79 pages of this thread, apart from one piece of what appears to be a wire cable which could have come from anything in the last century, all I see is amorphous lumps of coral. It might help speculation if at the very least there was a scale in the images because without that essential tool everything is nothing more than imaginative guess work.

it's lucky then that the new search is based on what is seen on top of reef,

obviously Tighar's evidence in search of amelia, is more compelling than anyone else has give

so u have to give respect were respect due

one thing is for sure, there is stuff on the reef face that are not natural coral

so we shud know either way by mid july  :)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org