Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283155 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1050 on: April 17, 2012, 04:15:23 AM »

obviously light cause's shadows

an when u look at pics u can see shadows i have marked were i see them

in the second set of stills there is what appears to be a pipe going into lets say rock

now in a photo of Amelia's Electra fuselage while being built there is a similar pipe that must feed the electrics
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1051 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »

here the pic for pipe that goes to wing

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1052 on: April 17, 2012, 06:18:44 AM »

Richie, shame we can't get down there and brush away the silt and coral residue with a little brush and trowel, might see things more clearly. Reality prevents that from happening though, at 300 metres deep, nearly 1000 ft, it's way beyond normal diving capabilities so, we'll just have to do the best with what's available i.e. 3 minutes of video footage. It would be interesting to discover what the ROV didn't record like, what was behind it, out of range, in darkness etc... Time will tell, we can wait.
For all those whe expected to see something like this. Here's an image for you, the arrow points to something else you won't see on the Niku wreck either...
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1053 on: April 17, 2012, 07:57:45 AM »

haha Jeff

Tighar does have more Rov footage availible of the area

but to paying member's which is right way to do it  :)

:( unfortunately for me am getting married in October

so my other half, empty's my bank before my wages even register on computer   ;D :) :(

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1054 on: April 17, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »

Thanks for that Richie, I didn't know there was any more ROVer footage available to anyone, can you point me in the right direction.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!
(why are you getting married in the middle of the football season?) Are you Liverpool or Everton?
 ;D
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1055 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »

Liverpool an Thank You

Jeff what cud the object be that arrow is pointed ? does it resemble anything 

Member# 416

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #1056 on: April 17, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »

obviously light cause's shadows

an when u look at pics u can see shadows i have marked were i see them

in the second set of stills there is what appears to be a pipe going into lets say rock ...

Thanks Richie but I am afraid it still looks like undifferentiated coral lumps to me.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1057 on: April 19, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »

Here's the odd shaped object/coral whatever again, circled, any ideas? I haven't come across anything like this in my career in aerospace, oil industry or military, but then I didn't spend much time in the comfortable areas of aircraft.

This must be the place

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:14:59 PM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

LWhite

« Reply #1058 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »

In looking  at it, it appears to be hollow (if you imagine it was sitting on top of a pipe, say, and you could partially look in.)
Looking at what is around it may help identify, with scale issues etc. as well as related materials.

I'll try to look more at it.
Leon

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1059 on: April 20, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »

Here's the odd shaped object/coral whatever again, circled, any ideas? I haven't come across anything like this in my career in aerospace, oil industry or military, but then I didn't spend much time in the comfortable areas of aircraft.

Jeff thats the u bolt thing i was on about wen i posted pic on 11 tubes posts

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1060 on: April 20, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »

right u will have to use your head's a bit here to understand what am on about..

pic A is of the what i think is a funnel with tank behind it. on top of the tank u will notice there is sumthink that looks L shaped

pic B is just a bit higher up from pic A

u can see the L shaped object in pic B

now at the top on pic B, u can see what resembles a thin tube with little tubes comeing off it.

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1061 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »

can anyone see a couple odd things in this image ?

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1062 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

Hey Richie---as much as I hate to admit it, the last pic is difficult for me to interpret. I think, for me at least, I'm going to let the new expedition determine what is down there. You have worked wonders, but actually being on site is probably better than doing the work from UK. I'm SURE ( :o) we'll get to see those images. And I'll bet that if once on site and they need some things to look for, they will send an all hands message asking for help. You should be very proud of your work---and your new wife should be proud too.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #1063 on: April 20, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »

JVH,
I weighed in on this back in January and again in late March.  It still looks like a headset to me. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #1064 on: April 20, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »

Richie, I see Medusa's head, gazing off into the distance, while in the background the Sirens are ramping it up for another stirring rendition of Let's Drive Homer and the Rest of His Crew Crazy.

No, wait, there are I mixing metaphors and mythologies again. Sorry. Too many federal regs today.

LTM,
Monty Fowler
TIGHAR No. 2189 CER

P.S. - Seriously, if you were coming to DC in June I'd buy you a pint. Or two. But be forwarned, over here in the colonies we drink our beer cold. I know, total abomination.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org