Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tighar Question  (Read 10308 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Tighar Question
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

can any admin or long time member state below

what area's of the Earhart search still need's alot of research doing i.e finding evidence on certain subjects

i.e  http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/solomonsresearch.html

quote: We have looked for documents recording what was done at the seven site after the War, but thus far have had no success in the archives of the Western Pacific High Commission or the National Archives of Kiribati.

my own opinion is, if we had some subjects to focus on to research it would make finding an gathering evidence a little easier

obviously a picture of the Electra in its final resting place would be nice

but till then i think it would be good, for newer members like myself to help Tighar find new evidence on subjects they aint had much luck on............

just an idea ye know lar  ;D 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Tighar Question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

what area's of the Earhart search still need's alot of research doing i.e finding evidence on certain subjects

At the last Earhart Project Advisory Committe (EPAC) meeting that I attended, the member suggested a list of questions that Forum members could work on.

I've attached an image below that shows how the top of this page looks in a browser.  You should see a horizontal menu.  One of the items is called "Join the Search."  If you click on that item, it will take you to an article that describes some research projects.  Each item on the list is linked to a thread in the Forum under the "Join the Search" board.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »

thx martin will get looking an thx jeff if i won lottery id put me self on gardner for a month cos i know i would find more artifacts  ;D

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »

I'm with Jeff--but we also need a crane----
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »

http://www.humboldt.edu/scimus/HSC.36-53/Descriptions/Sextant_List.htm

found these notice 2nd image sextant No 5936

gunna email them an see if they know which naval observatory they came from  :) 

Member# 416

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org