Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 expedition  (Read 17958 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
2012 expedition
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »

OK I know Youtube isn't the most credible source but are TGHAR (or should i say TIGHEER) taking this seriously?

YouTube footage

Also why no name check for Fred and Radar + 1937, we wish.

btw was looking out for Ric vs Bigus video but guess its not online yet  :D

Brad Beeching

• T3
Re: 2012 expedition
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:10 PM »

Now see, thats where TIGHAR has made the mistakes since 1989... If they had just checked the radar recordings, the world would have found where Amelia headed off to! I wonder how long she has known all this...

Gums
Brad

#4327R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »

OK I know Youtube isn't the most credible source but are TGHAR (or should i say TIGHEER) taking this seriously?

Do you really need to ask?

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »

Wait...  I'm having a feeling of clairvoyance myself.......  The Electra can be found near..... Near... Near....  Oh drat. It was just gas. Sorry.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »

Hum----ok why didnt she just ask Amelia where the plane is and what happened? Psychics can do that, you know.

BUT---as I remember, that was a theorectical resting place posted sometime back. So, when TIGHAR is searching off the reef near the Norwich City, it can move around towards the lagoon, and check there too.

You know-----she might be right-----we all might be right.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:58 AM »

There is a good chance she could be right with the way the tides play on the shore line. That doesn't make her Clairvoyant, just lucky.

I say we look just off shore of Niku, in the Deep water. You will find the Electra there, or not.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:10:26 AM »

reminds me ov this story i read recently

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/ancient_mysteries.aspx?id=2403

Cayce immediately responded with the fact that it was too late. He stated that Earhart had lasted until July 21, 1937, before succumbing to the elements. Apparently Noonan had died earlier, as the sleeping Cayce noted that Earhart perished alone. In an attempt to pin-point the location of the body with a little more accuracy and offer what help he could to Putnam, Cayce added that her body was located “between eighty-nine and ninety miles northwest from her intended destination” … [of] Howland Island. Upon receiving the information, Mrs. [1293] replied:

he was right about them die'in in diffrent places  :-\
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »

Well, she was specific on one point... the fuselage is in a dark corner of a shelf in the reef - seemingly something to validate.

Nice.  Kind of tough to drop an intense search in a more probable area to go further out and south to look at "the X", but what do I know about planning, paying for resources of that order, etc.

Still - as Ric said in the interview (and nice job, Ric!) - we do want to find this airplane.  The search may eventually have to be expanded.  Indeed the currents and slope of the reef could also just make that "X" a very plausible place, too.  Guess who will be all over it claiming credit, too.  ::)

Psychics... oh boy.  Wait... I see a fuselage... it's in a dark corner - of my hall closet!  Maybe I'll dream that AE and FN floated away together on a coconut raft to start a new life together in Argentina - who'd want to go back to Putnam after he helped make so much trouble?

LTM -

Come come Jeff.  Starting rumors like that will only get the "National Enquirer" involved.  Gary will have a field day with that.  ::)
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:36:30 PM by Irvine John Donald »

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »

But, but, but ... this is a "career" psychic! That's different!!!

LTM,
Monty Fowler
TIGHAR No. 2189CER

P.S. to Ric - way to control your suspension of disbelief in the phone call there, buddy!
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

Oh well then....  That's different. Better get the underwater search gear ready. She MUST be right!!
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

But, but, but ... this is a "career" psychic! That's different!!!

I always figured if ANY "career psychic" was trully good, they would be winning lotteries and bets at the tracks! Still waiting for one to really prove themselves.

Jeff Lange
# 0748CR
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »

Jeff - that is pure genius. I think you have just solved all the funding issues for the next Niku expedition! All she needs to do is buy a few lottery tickets, and bingo! Niku bound with the bestest, baddest ROV in tow! Heck, we can even let her come along as a "technical advisor" or somesuch.

LTM, who does occasionally blow some bucks on the instant win tickets,
Monty Fowler
TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

Jeff - that is pure genius. I think you have just solved all the funding issues for the next Niku expedition! All she needs to do is buy a few lottery tickets, and bingo! Niku bound with the bestest, baddest ROV in tow! Heck, we can even let her come along as a "technical advisor" or somesuch.

LTM, who does occasionally blow some bucks on the instant win tickets,
Monty Fowler
TIGHAR No. 2189 CER

As a "Technical Advisor" psychic wouldn't she be able to tell you now if TIGHAR finds it??   
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 07:16:52 AM »

...Heck, we can even let her come along as a "technical advisor" or somesuch.

forget her - get that reporter babe on board. I've been trying to come up with a polite weay of suggesting that Ric hand over the media interviews to her as she's much easier on the eyes that he is! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org