Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seven Site  (Read 242609 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Seven Site
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »

Not sure i have seen this image before, i have attached link showing first village on Gardner Island

http://www.jps.auckland.ac.nz/document/Volume_61_1952/Volume_61,_No._1_%2B_2/The_colonization_of_the_Phoenix_Islands,_by_H._E._Maude,_p_62-89/p1

Apologies if this is an old seen image  :)

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2013, 06:28:15 AM »

Richie,
your picture "B" also has lot of other smaller blobs scattered all over.  I suspect they're most likely dirt on the negative, and I think it highly unlikely to be persons in trees.  The problem I see with persons in trees is that they would only be able to climb to where the fronds branch out from the trunk, but not be able to stand on top of the tree.  Such acrobatic climbing might be possible for a strong person in good condition, but that doesn't sound like a description of Fred and Amelia at the time of the flyover.
Another hypothesis is that some of the blobs are birds.

re: distance from lagoon - I was also under the impression that the seven site is more than 100 feet from the lagoon.  It's a tantalizing mystery.  The bones were proof that someone died there, and the evidence found since suggests the victim(s) were stranded there.  If not AE and FN, who were they?
Cheers,
JohnO

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »

Richie

I don't think I (or EPAC for that matter) have seen that photo of the Gardner Village before.  Thanks for digging that out.

Andrew
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:39:24 PM by Andrew M McKenna »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »

Richie

I don't think I (or EPAC for that matter) have seen that photo of the Gardner Village before.  Thanks for digging that out.

Andrew
Actually, several entries in Ameliapedia (e.g., Harry Evans Maude, and Phoenix Islands Settlement Scheme) have the link to the Maude document that contains the picture.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org