Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B-36 crash site - El Paso  (Read 16793 times)

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
B-36 crash site - El Paso
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around the Earhart forums for a while but haven't had anything worthy of saying yet.  After poking around in here I thought I'd make my first post.

Following is a link to a video I made of my visit to a B-36 crash site in El Paso back in December 2010. The video was made of a Powerpoint presentation of still photos so it's really just a slideshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_FwW3Hrta8

John

Bruce Burton

• T1
Re: B-36 crash site - El Paso
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »

A most interesting and well-taken series of photographs; looks like quite a trek.  Thanks for posting.  :)

Hilary Christine Olson

• TIGHAR member
  • My Passion
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »

Very Interesting Thank you for the link
HCO

John Klier

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »

Thank you for the comments. To make it easier here's a link to the accident report since you can't cut an paste or click a link in a video.

http://www.internationalnaturalhistoryleague.com/Requiem%20for%20a%20B-36/Accident_Report01.html

Also, an interesting side note to the trip.  When I took the picture of the memorial plaque the date caught my eye right away. By pure coincidence I was there on December 11th, just 57 years later.

The site is relatively easy to find as there are many good sources for directions on the internet. The climb is fairly strenuous as it get very steep in some spots. If I go again I'll likely take someone with me. If I had slipped on any of the steeper spots I might not have been found for a while.

Bruce Burton

• T1
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »

The site is relatively easy to find as there are many good sources for directions on the internet. The climb is fairly strenuous as it get very steep in some spots. If I go again I'll likely take someone with me. If I had slipped on any of the steeper spots I might not have been found for a while.

Good idea, or else 57 years from now some poster on this forum will be pointing out your bleached bones lying in a deep ravine of that mountain.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org