Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which photo is the correct one? (Wreck / Bevington Object - reveresed image)  (Read 17579 times)

richie conroy

• T5

or this

if the top one is correct does that mean the nessy hyposis is to right of wreck an not left ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5

it ok found out for my self thou still dont know what anomoly is in google maps

Member# 416

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.

These are the same photo, only the top photo has been reversed left to right.

Nessie can be seen in both, bottom photo off to the Left highlighted by the red square, top photo off to the right but unhighlighted.

The objects highlighted in the top photo were things that we once thought might be aircraft wreckage, but I believe are the blocks of coral that sit on the reef flat in front of the lagoon passage.  The blocks can be seen in Google maps at -4.670454,-174.543311 or try this link

http://g.co/maps/24wc5

Interesting that in 1999, we probably didn't realize that the photo was reversed, and therefore thought those objects were off the starboard side of the shipwreck, between the ship and the passage into the lagoon.

Andrew

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:00:32 PM by Andrew M McKenna »

richie conroy

• T5

this is what i was on about

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii

VERY certain, that if it was there during one of the expeditions, Ric & Co. would have found it. And IF they had found something, and if it were part of the Electra, then Ric would have made preparations to more throughly explore the reef  ledges and ocean bottom near that area.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda

It's just sun-glint off the water.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org