Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Unpublished" AE photos on Ebay  (Read 8453 times)

Sheila Shigley

• TIGHAR member
"Unpublished" AE photos on Ebay
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »

Just in case you hadn't seen, and apologies if this is an already-dealt-with collection:

"Original, good condition. Rare original photos of Amelia Earhart flying into Wheeler Airfield Schofield Barracks Hawaii in 1937. These pages of photos are from an IDd photo grouping I have listed on e Bay from Adolf J. Lutchkus, who served with the 11th Field Artillery Battery C Schofield Barracks Hawaii, during the late 1930s, up to the attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor. Please see my other listings for other original photos from the grouping.  Photos Measures approx. 5 x 3 5/8". Photos are not glued down to the black paper pages. One photo shows Earhart's Lockheed Electra Model 10 with the tail number 16020NR, which is the number of the plane she was lost in over the Pacific in 1937. Also other military photos on the back of one of the black album pages. These photos are of her fueling up before her last flight across the Pacific. Great , Rare original photos for your collection.  No bidders under 18 years of age. Overseas buyers I will not declare a lesser value on the customs form. "

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orig-Unpublished-Photos-Amelia-Earhart-Last-Flight-Wheeler-Airfield-Hawaii-/200660793580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb850b8ec#ht_800wt_1396

Sheila Shigley

• TIGHAR member
Re: "Unpublished" AE photos on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »

A different collection - maybe this kind of thing isn't so rare after all:

"I made an error in my first listing, I thought it was Howard Hughes in the pic, but it is Paul Mantz. I would like to thank a fellow Ebayer for catching this, so I could correct my error. I'm sorry for any inconvience this caused anyone.Here we have 4 original photographs and the negatives of Amelia Earhart and her plane the Lockheed  Electra 10 E. The first photograph shows Earhart in her plane with Paul Mantz ( was a noted air racing pilot) and Hedda Hopper (celebrity gossip columnist at the time). If you notice standing behind Hopper is another man, he is believed to be Fred Noonan. The other 3 pictures show the Lockheed  Electra 10 E in and around the hanger. These pics are on Velox paper. These pictures were taken at the Oakland, Califorina airport on March 17, 1937. This was her leaving for her tripto circumnavigate the globe but mechanical failure early into the flight caused her to restart her flight on  June 29, 1937. They were never seen again.They were taken by a man who ran the hamberger stand at the airport. These pictures are in excellent condition, they are slightly curling as you can see in my pics due to age."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-AMELIA-EARHART-PHOTOGRAPHS-PAUL-MANTZ-HEDDA-HOPPER-OAKLAND-CA-/110754847391?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item19c980da9f#ht_500wt_1413

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »

Wonder if the package in the 4th picture is for the super secret spy mission over the pacific?   ;D

LTM,

Don

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:50:49 AM »

Wonder if the package in the 4th picture is for the super secret spy mission over the pacific?   ;D
Those are the "commemorative covers" she was carrying as a fundraising gimmick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org