Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's so nice when other people write about us *cough*  (Read 25349 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
It's so nice when other people write about us *cough*
« on: August 06, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »

I had not heard of this group, but, as the saying goes, anyone can put up a press release on the web: http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/11/08/p1828616/amelia-earhart-discovery-by-military-psychic-appears-more-likely

Naturally, I am soooooo disappointed that TIGHAR has been wasting its time all these years when all we had to do was look at this guys map.  Not.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
Re: It's so nice when other people write about us *cough*
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »

Yeah, we had this guy's book with us on NIKU VI.  Basically bunk, but impossible to disprove which is how these guys succeed at staying in business.  Take somebody else's idea, put a spin on it that sounds good and can't be discounted, and take credit if your guess turns out to be anything near true.

Note that his press release follows the last showing of the Discovery documentary, trying to cash in on the public interest.  Why else do a press release now?

I've tried to find McMoneagle on any list of Legion of Merit recipients, and so far have been unable to verify that he was actually a recipient.

Similar thread on the Forum re remote viewing at http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,430.0.html

AMCK
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:15:23 AM by Andrew M McKenna »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »

Now wouldn't it be just TIGHARS luck for some of the wreckage to have ended up down that end of the island!

Still dosn't explain the 7 Site and other Earhart related artifacts.

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »

i read that story on yahoo the other day. which is what brought me back to the site. and then i found the forums here. i have always kind of believed in stuff similar to this. such as seeing things before they happen.  i have done that. but i don't remember until after they happen. and then i say. wow i saw this before.

anyway.  he may  or may not have something. maybe a large chunk of the plane made it that far. in a storm maybe. doubtful it would have to be a big storm. to move a large piece to that point.  it would be nice to find something in the south. but doubtful. staring at goats is  hard to believe also.

but again. with the wealth of evidence i seen on the site about found airplane parts. i know the original site was by the norwich. how else would those parts have made it into the lagoon. if the plane would have started out in the south with the direction of the current flowing the opposite way. it just doesn't make any sense. the only thing i can think of is if one of the engines happen to be on the coral. and may have been pushed arcoss the coral to the south and then dropped into the ocean from there.

Jeff Scott

• T2
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »

I've never heard of this Joe McMoneagle before, but there sure are a lot of stories about him on the web.  He seems to have a pretty poor track record for predicting future events.

I also looked through several Legion of Merit recipient lists and was unable to find any reference to him, but none of these lists claim to be complete.
It's not too late to be great.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:22:01 PM by Jeff Scott »

Jeff Scott

• T2
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »

The McMoneagle crowd seems particularly harsh towards TIGHAR in this press release:

Amelia Earhart Search Inches Toward Psychic Military Map
It's not too late to be great.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »

A baby pig was sacrificed!!!

Now why does that congure up Lord of the Flies in my mind  :o

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »

Not that it should carry any weight but, to me, it's always a red flag when a book that claims to conclusively solve something is self-published. True, the publishing industry is far from perfect, but there is at least something of a vetting process, of, you know, facts and other pesky little things like that.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Thom Boughton

• T2
  • Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »

Have you ever noticed that when psychics make predictions such as these...whether the object is a missing person, the Electra, or just my car keys....the prediction is almost always that the object is near or in a body of water?

....TB
TIGHAR #3159R

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 02:42:57 AM »

some guy said yesterday that the sky would fall today.  i havent seen it fall yet. and its almost tomorrow.

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »

I can't bring myself to comment on things like this.  It is stupid and pointless to bring yourself to their level. The only reason they are interested in Niku is because of Tighar and Ric. If not Tighar and your research they would still be looking north of Howland.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 06:04:16 AM »

i remembered something last night that i hadnt remembered in a long time.  some times when a prediction is made.  it can be partly true. but can also have facts mixed up when there are to many  variables in the sites that the person saw or however they got thier information. it could be that he saw the southeast side as a place. but the plane in the water 650 feet down where it landed at. by the norwich city.  and his psychic info got crossed up.  its generally close.  which can happen in these types of predictions.  its just not exact. as he says it is. but it is close enough to say what he said. and if found he can say look i was close enough so i am right. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:04:56 AM by Craig Romig »

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:16 PM »

Sorry to bring up an old post as this. But I wanted to be able to reference This a guy and his prediction easier.

Some of us feel that the Electra may be past the Norwich city. And even into the lagoon or even a certain piece found near the landing channel at I think the coop store?
This got me to thinking pieces could be spread further down the coast to the south. I know this guy is wrong. They didn't crash and sink on a coral head. But maybe parts have spread down that direction. Look at where the Norwich city tank floated to. South.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:11:23 AM by Craig Romig »

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »

This sounds like a real crock doc. The reason he (McDoneagle) was the only person to receive the Legion of Merit Medal for Psi whatever is probably because he made it up for himself. I don't remember anything about Psi in Math, Physics, Quantum Mechanics or  anything else, in the manner he is using it. He's just taking a phrase he thinks can be manipulated to sound authentic.And he is probably doing the same with anything and everything he talks about. It's mystifying and sounds fantastic because Einstein may have discovered it, but his use of it out of the original context is Bunko, with a capital B.
Bob S.

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

Yes, MacMoneagle is on the list of recipients of the Legion of Merit from the Armed Forces for his duties with the "Star Gate" Project. Evidently believed in the use of clairvoyance (sp) and "remote observance" (basically mind reading, or guessing based on pretty much nothing factual), which eventually were condemmed as off track, or unreasonable, unprovable, and/or improbable. (See Star Gate, or Stargate Project; Wikipedia, for starters.
Bob S.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org