Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Speech, Jokes and Betty's Notes  (Read 8895 times)

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
Re: Speech, Jokes and Betty's Notes
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »

Jack:
Shame on you.  "Artistic licence"(sp), indeed!.  There are no mentions of Mckean in the transcript of Betty's Notes.  To alter a document in such a manner and put it forward on this forum is inexcusable.  Express your opinions as clearly identified opinions, don't disguise them as alterations with artistic license.(correct spelling)  Have a good day 8)
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Re: Speech, Jokes and Betty's Notes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »

Jack:
Shame on you.  "Artistic licence"(sp), indeed!.  There are no mentions of Mckean in the transcript of Betty's Notes.  To alter a document in such a manner and put it forward on this forum is inexcusable.  Express your opinions as clearly identified opinions, don't disguise them as alterations with artistic license.(correct spelling)  Have a good day 8)

Let's not presume to lecture our UK friends about how things should be spelled.  English originated in their neck of the woods.  Quoting George Bernard Shaw (their guy), "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."  Quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson (our guy), "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."   :) 
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »

Jack:

Just don't use the term 'Brit' as i find it most offensive  ;D

Let's not presume to lecture our UK friends about how things should be spelled.  English originated in their neck of the woods.  Quoting George Bernard Shaw (their guy), "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."  Quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson (our guy), "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."   :)

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

Bruce
My point was that Jack (no surname, no profile) did much more than take "artistic licence" (or however you like to spell it).  He added things to a transcript that were not there and changed the entire thrust of the transmission.  It's hard enough to get an understanding of what happened without wading through anonymous nonsense. 
I noticed in one of your posts that you used the term "Brit speak"  Why would you be take offense with the use of the term "Brit".  I'm Irish and I don't take offense when someone calls me a "Mick" unless of course if that someone is a Brit.   Have a good day 8)
No Worries Mates

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:43 PM »

Bruce
My point was that Jack (no surname, no profile) did much more than take "artistic licence" (or however you like to spell it).  He added things to a transcript that were not there and changed the entire thrust of the transmission.  It's hard enough to get an understanding of what happened without wading through anonymous nonsense. 
I noticed in one of your posts that you used the term "Brit speak"  Why would you be take offense with the use of the term "Brit".  I'm Irish and I don't take offense when someone calls me a "Mick" unless of course if that someone is a Brit.   Have a good day 8)

Harry,

think you may have got Bruce's 'Brit Speak' and my  ;D find the word 'Brit'  ;D mixed up due to some bad quoting by me.  Its me with the erradicate 'Brit' mission and Bruce who is quite rightly championing the queens English!!!

Now if only I could remember my favourite Irish Joke  ;D

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »

Jack:

Shame on you for feeding the Trolls!

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »

Chris
Your favorite Irish joke probably starts out like this    "There were these two Irish Guys in this Pub (Bar, in Americanese)".  LOL  I've heard most of them and find them pretty funny.
No Worries Mates

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »

Chris
Your favorite Irish joke probably starts out like this    "There were these two Irish Guys in this Pub (Bar, in Americanese)".  LOL  I've heard most of them and find them pretty funny.

No!

Paddy's seen driving down the road, swearving left and right.  The local Garda chase after him and eventualy he pulls over.  The Garda say 'Paddy why are you driving like a fool?' Paddy who has had one more drink than he should says 'Officer! I was trying to miss all those trees'

;D

see attachment
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org