Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FBI Vault  (Read 27496 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: FBI Vault
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »

I don't get you wrong at all  :)

The old email Forum was quite a frightening place (IMO) the new forum is more open.  I've said before that there does appear to be a lack of TIGHAR 'heavy weights' BUT this could be that they arn't comfortable in an open Forum.

I seem to remember once that in the old days the email forum may or may not have been for members only?

I've lurked for many a year and only this year have joined TIGHAR as this has been the only time that as a none credit card owner I could do so.

I'm sure when all of the post expedition reports come out then the forum will hot up.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »

... As a TIGHAR member I would know next to nothing about the most important TIGHAR mission of 2011.

That's all I'm saying. That said, I do respect that TIGHAR has "corporate secrets" and doesn't want to give out too much information allowing another entity to sabotage a mission or "get there first".

I'm not sure the motivations run that deep.  It's just a fact of human nature that the signal-to-noise ratio is better in smaller groups.  I've been on EPAC since the summer of 2002.  I wouldn't want to try to conduct EPAC business in the forum--it just wouldn't work.

I'll ask these questions...
  • Is it common for those slightly more advanced in the hypothesis to drift away from the forum?
  • If so, how many have drifted away and where are they participating now?
  • As more senior and knowledgeable people drift away, is that a good thing?
  • Is there any way to easily bring them back?
  • Make our forum more compelling?
  • Is that even a reasonable question?

Is it common for those slightly more advanced in the hypothesis to drift away from the forum?

-- Yes.  The best researchers, in my experience, with the exception of Ric, do not participate in the Forum these days.

If so, how many have drifted away and where are they participating now?

-- A dozen or so.  Some are in EPAC.  A few have died.

As more senior and knowledgeable people drift away, is that a good thing?

-- No.

Is there any way to easily bring them back?

-- No.

Make our forum more compelling?

-- I think we're all doing the best we can at that.

Is that even a reasonable question?

-- It's understandable.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »

I seem to remember once that in the old days the email forum may or may not have been for members only?

Yes, there was a time when the Forum was closed.  There were some very active people taking up a lot of time.  They went away when the Forum was restricted to dues-paying members.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 01:43:52 AM »

Well, it crosses my mind to ask, "If I also 'fade away' from the forums will I also possibly be presumed to have achieved "satori", or doesn't it work quite like that?  :D

Good luck to all those whose activities we, those not behind the curtain, can't delve. Good luck and Godspeed with solving the mystery!.....

Forum members have their own life cycle and for whatever reason they can fade away.  You often see people join in a flurry of activity onlt to goe off radar.  Others wait and watch, adding a snippet now and again.  I don't know why but some people join and never post.

One day some bright spark will do research into forums and their life cycles.  Me i'll stick to missing persons and tropical islands (until something else catches my eye ;) )

And in answer to your question - maybe enlightenment in all things Earhart takes you away to another place (Niku if you've got the bucks  ;D )
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:28:41 AM by Chris Johnson »

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »

As a relative newcomer, I love this forum.  Especially when Ric and other 'main' Tighar's weigh in on something.  NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE ELSE NOT MENTIONED.  Personally, I have learned a lot from this forum, and had some of misunderstandings straightened out....or at least put in the right direction. 
It is nothing short of great! 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org