Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FAQ: Finding new bulletin material, e.g. Bone DNA  (Read 16945 times)

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
FAQ: Finding new bulletin material, e.g. Bone DNA
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »

Marty,
I assume we will be getting some info from Ric re the above and the news release out of the U of OK?
Ted Campbell

Modified by MXM to insert a link.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:24:46 AM by moleski »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: FAQ: Finding new bulletin material, e.g. Bone DNA
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »

For those of us out of the loop, do tell!

Research Bulletin: DNA Research Continues

Earhart DNA Research Update by Cecil M. Lewis, Jr., Ph.D., of the University of Oklahoma Molecular Anthropology Laboratories.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »

I assume we will be getting some info from Ric re the above and the news release out of the U of OK?

I expect we will hear from Ric in due course.  Right now, the research bulletin and the press release say what TIGHAR and the professor are willing and able to say.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

Inconclusive from a public relations standpoint means not a match. We know that it doesnt necessarily mean that, but potential sponsors dont know the difference. Other conclusive evidence could sway potential sponsors, but I would think it would be harder now. Gee---a Lockheed landing gear strut found on the reef ledge would sure look good right about now. Just my 2 cents.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »

Is there any way of getting news flashes on the forum for when research papers are published?

There isn't any mechanism that I know of.  The static web pages (like the Research Bulletin) are not set up for RSS or other forms of automated syndication nor does the Forum software we're using have a mechanism to receive RSS or other such feeds.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:03 AM »

How about a heads up post from the author? I think I've seen them come through before. I'm surprised there wasn't one this time.

Ric and Pat get kind of busy when there is breaking news. 

People like to talk to Ric.  If he answers one question here, he'll have to answer ten or fifteen.  Right now, he's out answering questions for journalists, I imagine.  I'm moderately confident he'll come back here when he has the time and energy to sort things out for us.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Jason R Baze

• T1
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »

Freind Tighar on Facebook. They post the breaking news, and bulletins quite often in the news feed page. Keeps me fairly up to date.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »

Wish I knew more about historical research or archeology to assist in some of the search.

There are some areas where you might be able to help.

And, of course, donating generously to TIGHAR is a great way to participate.  The historians and archeologists would not get to Niku without the generosity of hundreds of people like you.   :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org